Chapter Three- Andrew

Present Day- Andrew's P.O.V.

~~~~

Well what do you know? More rain.

Rain doesn't really bother me anymore to be honest. It used to be extremely aggravating to me, but ever since around the age of eight, it just doesn't bother me. I do have the light of my world to keep me warm though, that might help. My next door angel. Is it stupid to still love the girl whom you fell in love with at age eight? Probably. Do I care? Absolutely not.

Love is Love. No way around it.

Even though it's raining now, I know that in just a few short minutes, my world will be filled with sunshine and I'll completely forget the downpour. Charlotte should be here any minute now. It was Saturday after all, our day. My one and only favorite day of the week, the day I wished that would last forever and ever. Sadly, it was only a measly twenty-four hour period. I sighed.

One day, I told myself again. One day, your sunshine will be with you all the time, she'll be yours... only yours. It was my daily routine, wake up, think about Charlotte, attempt to convince myself about one day, and then go get ready for Charlotte. On top of that, thinking of Charlotte all the while. Even dreaming of Charlotte. Last night Charlotte and I were married, the night before we had our first kiss. A few weeks ago, we even bought a new home. I sighed again, I wish.

Once I was dressed, and clean, I waited for Charlotte. I always did my best to look decent, I had a fair enough face so it wasn't too hard to look good. Most people said so anyway, I never knew whether Charlotte found me attractive visually, I only hoped. At school, I'm one of those boys who just gets girls, you know? Well that would be fine and dandy for any other boy... but I'd fallen in love too early, and now no-one else mattered. I was cursed.

I could have any girl at school, really I could, but I didn't want any other girls at school. None other than Charlotte. Oh Charlotte. My best friend, my one true love, and the one I lie the most to than any other person. Not directly lying, just I withhold so much.

On a few occasions I had the opportunity to tell her the truth of my feelings, but I wimped out. Questions like, "What if she doesn't love you back? That way?" Or, "Can you handle the rejection or will it ruin your friendship?" or even, "What if she does love you back, what then?"

All of those questions kept me from ever coming forward with my admittance to her. Fear. Most people believe that love should overcome fear... but does love overcome friendship as well? That is one key point I make with myself every time I question my hiding. It's the one reason I can't do it. I just can't take the risk, the price is just too high.

Now we were eighteen though, well I was, Charlotte is seventeen, not that I ever notice the age difference. I was heading to college after a year at home, and then what? Charlotte finds "Mr. Right" and leaves me. She does after all deserve much more than me, of course she does, but I can't shake the feeling that I am meant for her. I mean what eight year old just falls in love and then never gets over it? You answer me that, and I will move on. Too bad I can only think of one.

Charlotte does deserve better, sure I'm pretty much good at everything, but I am a coward. Obviously. She needs some one courageous, a knight in shining armour to come and save her. I could never do that. She need a hero, someone to sweep her off her feet and keep her safe forever. I couldn't ever do that either. I was no hero, I was a coward. I couldn't even build enough courage to tell her I loved her, that was a bad start in my book. No Charlotte deserved better, but did I? No, Charlotte is as good as it gets, there is no going back to anything less. No one else would have the same effect. They never do.