𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟜

Life is unbelievably cruel. 

Especially to Emily.

The only thing she has wanted since moving to Korea was to live peacefully. Clearly that wish is out of the window. 

Sometimes Emily just didn't understand why everything wrong is happening with her. All around her, people are happy, her friends are happy, her family back in America are happy. Then why the hell is her life so miserable?

And now she's even lost all of her appetite. 

Coach Shin had warned her to take care of her protein intake to make sure her muscles don't loose all the retention. Compared to the other athletes at the training center, Emily's muscle retention rate is a lot shorter and she needs to work extra hard to build up on the muscles. But now Emily could care less about her stupid muscle retention. 

She can't help but wonder if everyone else realizes how uncomfortable Emily is right now. Although she is normally good at controlling her facial expressions, most of the time her body language gives her away. 

It's weird because even though he is sitting beside her with a distance and not physically touching her or even anywhere close, Emily feels violated and weird. She feels so overtly conscious that she cannot even concentrate on anything else other than getting out of the restaurant immediately. 

Emily just doesn't understand why he is doing this. 

He did a good job of ignoring her the rest of last semester after that incident then why is he suddenly acknowledging her now? 

Or wait. 

Is he even acknowledging her right now? It's not like he said a word to her or even looked her way. All he did was sit down. But then why would he sit down next to their table when there are so many other empty tables in the restaurant. 

Emily bit her tongue a bit too harshly and closed her eyes. 

Did is why she hates him. 

He makes her crazy and confused. Every time he is near, Emily's brain just goes into overdrive and she overthinks herself to the point she feels sick. 

She hates that he still manages to have this effect on her. 

This won't do. 

Emily can't do this right now. 

She doesn't care if think makes her look petty and like a loser. She knows people will think she is immature and childish but Emily doesn't care.

"I feel a little unwell so I think I'm going to go ahead first," Emily said, picking up her jacket and her bag, already getting ready to leave. 

"Already?" Soyeon questioned, looking at the time on her phone, "You haven't finished eating though."

"I'm full. I wasn't even tat hungry to begin with," Emily said, as if lying is her second nature, "I'm just tired from the unpacking and all the traveling so I'm going to go early and sleep."

"Oh okay," Soyeon responded while the other two were a bit too dumbfounded for a response. Emily is already standing up and zipping up her puffer jacket. 

"I'll send you guys the money later," Emily informed, referring to her portion of the meal. 

She was out before anyone else could say more and try to convince her to stay and headed towards the store to buy a few things before leaving for the dorms. 

While shopping, Emily couldn't help but let a wave of sadness wash over herself. 

Tonight was just...sad.