𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖 : 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟡

Time flies unbelievably fast.

It feels like just yesterday that the semester had started and Emily has moved back in the dorms and now already tomorrow is the first day the collegiate swimming event. The event is five days long and Emily has competitions on the second, third and the last day. In a way, it is a blessing to have a break in between but unfortunately her most fierce and difficult swim is scheduled on the last day.

Emily is a short distance swimmer and easily excels in the 50m, 100m and 200m swims. It is the 400m event that troubles her the most because she begins to loose the stamina in the middle and it is the one event where Yejune excels. Emily has been trying her best to beat Yejune's time and she has come very close a few times but remains unsuccessful each time.

"Okay. You're clean," Coach Ma said, looking over at the dope test result Emily conducted last night. Before every competition and every international event, all swimmers are required to conduct a dope test. Emily already knows she is clean so it does not come as a surprise.

Emily gets up from the chair in Coach Ma's office.

"Sleep well. Don't forget to come to the practice session tomorrow. Sebong is scheduled for 9 am. We only have one hour so don't be late," Coach Ma said.

"Yes coach," Emily said.

Emily grabs her bag and right before she walks out of the door, Coach Ma stops her and asks, "Are you heading for lunch?"

Emily nods her head.

"Do you know the menu?" Coach Ma asks.

She wonders for a second before saying, "I think it's bulgogi?"

Coach Ma nods slowly and says, "They always cook a million times better whenever we have visitors. I should go eat too. You can leave. Have a good day."

Emily can't help but smile and says, "You too coach."

She walks out of the office. She stuffs her pockets in the hands of her jacket and walks down the hallway, stepping out of the sports department.

Emily sighs in a relaxed manner. The weather has gotten significantly warmer over the past couple of weeks and the breeze is warmer and the temperature is just perfect. Emily loves today's weather. She wishes it can be like this all year around. Just sunny and pleasant with a little coolness in the night.

Emily quickly walks towards the cafeteria where her friends are already waiting for her.

As she is about to enter the cafeteria, the door pushes open from inside and there stands Jeonghan. The two pause for a few seconds as they see each other standing on the opposite side and Emily half expects him to smirk at her like he normally does to get a reaction out of her. Instead, he steps to the side, making space for Emily to walk in, making her two a double take. Emily reacts fast, walking quickly and muttering a quick thank you. By the time she looks back, Jeonghan has already disappeared.

"What took you so long?" Nana asked, making space for Emily by removing her bag on the table so Emily could settle down.

"I had to get my dope test results," Emily answered. She puts down her bag on the chair and looks around the cafeteria. She could easily spot out the athletes from other Universities who have already arrived to participate in the event. The Japanese university athletes were amazed at everything, saying yabai and kawai whereas the Chinese strategized by moving together and sticking to themselves. She could also spot out the Singaporean university standing in line for the food and recognize some other university from other countries.

"Where are the other two?" Emily asks.

"In line," Nana answered, "It's going to be a long wait."

Emily nods, agreeing. "Well, I'm going to in the line then."