𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟞

Emily is unable to say anything when she opens the door of the locker room. 

She is far too taken aback and surprised upon seeing the person who is waiting for her at the other end. 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, looked unfazed and relaxed, as if he expected this reactions. As if anything other than being speechless would have made his ego hurt. He reaches his left hand inside the pocket of his jeans and takes out a phone. 

"You left this," Jeonghan said. 

Emily looks down at his hand and realizes he his holding her phone in his hand. Her eyes widen with surprise as she finds out she had forgot her phone on the table at meeting room earlier and could have very well be stolen if Jeonghan did not bring it to her.

She took the phone from his hand immeadetly, almost snatching it away as if afraid it is going to grow legs and run away. 

Looking down at it, in a small voice she says, "Thank you."

Emily isn't exactly sure how Jeonghan found the empathy in his cold heart to do a kind act but she is glad he decided to be nice today. Expecting Jeonghan to walk away without saying another word, Emily is in for a pleasant surprise when he remains standing there, just staring at her. 

Emily's eyes, which are on the floor, slowly dart back and forth between his face and some other random place as she begins to feel awkward with him just standing there and not saying anything. 

"Uh-thank you," Emily said louder this time, wondering if he didn't hear her the first time. Clearly this is a sign that she is dismissing him so why isn't he leaving? 

"You still haven't changed your phone," Jeonghan suddenly pointed out, no more looking at her face and instead looking down at her Iphone 10. In a world of Iphone 14s, Emily knows her Iphone 10 may loos outdated and ancient, especially in a college full of rich kids, but it works perfectly well for her. She's never been one to play games on her phone or spend hours on it, so if the software doens't support certain apps anymore, she really doesn't care. 

"Huh?" Emily responds, flabbergasted. 

"It' so cracked and dirty. I bet the updates don't even work," Jeonghan said, "You should change your phone."

Emily gaped at him. 

Is he okay? 

Why is he talking to her? 

Did he decide to not pretend she doesn't exist anymore? 

Is he sick?

Did he fall down and hit his head somewhere and forgot that Emily and Jeonghan broke up a whole ago? 

Oh shit. 

Will Emily now have to play his pretend girlfriend until he gets his memories back? 

"Uh-I-...uhm-"

"Hey peach! I got you the papers," Luckily for Emily, she was cut off by Jackson's loud voice that grabbed both Emily and Jeonghan's attention. For the first time in her life, she is grateful for Jackson's presence. 

"Peach?" Emily heard Jeonghan say under his breath but didn't really notice it. Jackson too clearly noticed Jeonghan and send a nod towards his direction as an acknowledgement. 

"Here you go," Jackson said, walking over slowly to where Emily is standing and put out his hand forward with a stupid smirk on his face. 

"Thank you," Emily said, taking the pile from his hand, "And I told you stop calling me that."

"I can't help it Peach. You remind me of innocence every time I see you. Just like a peach," Jackson said. 

Emily made a face and rolled her eyes, "Gross."