Chapter 3

It was 2 a.m. But there was no sign of Ayzel at home. Saliha visited the restaurant where she worked but to her dismay, Ayzel already left. 

Both Arham and she were waiting patiently for her. They lured Farheen to sleep somehow. But their own sleep was gone. Saliha was having an estimation about Ayzel's whereabouts. But she did not want to voice her thoughts. Beavsue that would be the most horrible thing if Ayzel is with him.

"Aunt Saliha can't we look at the roads for Mama? Doesn't she have any other friends than you?" worried Arham asked her. Tears were already gathered in his eyes.

Little did he know, his mother had more enemies than friends.

Saliha shook her head in denial.

Suddenly a hard knock startled them. They both looked at each other. It could not be Ayzel, as she had the key for the lock.

Then who?

Scared Saliha, opened the door. And the answer to their questions was standing there. A lone tear escaped her eye. She understood the end time of her friend had come. That was why she did not return home. And now she would never return.

"Come in." Saliha allowed him to enter inside. Following her, Zain entered. Saliha went further and stood close to the couch.

Arham looked to see who had come.

"Papa!" his voice instantly brought tears to Zain's eyes.

Zain instantly sat on his knees and opened his arms for his son. Arham immediately went to him.

Zain inhaled his son's fragrance. What a moment was that for a father.

Before coming here many thoughts were coming into his mind about whether his son would recognize him or not.

He was eight months old at the time when he saw him last time. Now he was six years and a few months old. His father missed a big part of his childhood

"My little lion grew into a king. Papa missed you so much. Did you miss Papa?" he was crying. His son called him Papa. He recognized him.

"Yes, Daddy. I missed you so much. I love you." He was happy to see his father.

Zain kissed him left and right. He thought Ayzel would have filled his mind with hatred. But here the case was the opposite. He thought he would have to work hard to win back him. But it was not the case.

"I love you too, my lion. My life. My son." He kept his son in his embrace.

"Aunt Saliha, where is Mama?" the sleepy voice of Farheen gathered everyone's attention. She came out of the room with her teddy bear.

Saliha started to sweat. This was not supposed to happen. Zain's and Fairy's encounter. No, No, No.

Zain's full attention was on that little girl.

"Fairy, go to your room. NOW!" Saliha intensely ordered her.

With a pouting face, she looked to the side only to find a surprise.

"PAPA!" she exclaimed in joy and rushed to the Zain.

"My Papa is back. Yeahhhhh! My Daddy is here!" her excitement had no level. She was jumping and clapping in joy. Even Zain felt more warmth and excitement in her hug as compared to Arham's.

But who was she? And why she was calling him Papa?

He cupped her face and searched her eyes to find any clue of her paternity.

They were oceanic blue. Neither Ayzel had that eye color nor Sameer. Yet he felt a familiarity with her eyes.

Both were starting each other.