Chapter 5

Zain left Ayzel in utter darkness. The room was immersed in complete darkness. He thought keeping in her the dark cage, would hurt her.

No, he was wrong.

Her life was more darkened than now, in his absence. When he was gone, she tasted everlasting darkness. He was the only source of illumination in her life.

What did he know, her life was more darkened than the outside blackness of this room.

She was shedding silent tears.

Her mouth did not taste a single grain for many hours. Her throat did not get wet with a drop of water for many hours.

She did not wish for them either.

Her thirst was quenched at the very moment When her orbs absorbed his sight when her ears filled with his voice.

Her old nightmares were going to be replaced by new ones.

She just wished.

She prayed that Zain's punishment would remove the demons of the past from her life.

*************

Asma Khala was making breakfast in the kitchen with the help of a girl. She was about 19 to 20 years old, with curly hair and she was a bit curvy. A little fat. A small scarf was preset on her head, with a nod at the bottom of her hair base. While the rest of her hair was open.

"Asma Nano, why are we making extra breakfast with lots of variety?" she asked making a face. She was a bit lazy.

She was the daughter of Asma's niece. To help her parents, she worked here. She barely graduated, so to protect her from wasting time, Asma called her here, to teach and train her in house chores.

"Because two kids came into the mansion very late in the night. This is all for them." Asma replied toasting the bread.

"Two kids? But did not you say Master Zain has only one son?" She asked in slight shock.

Asma huffed. "JoJo, stop being a detective cat. See your Osama mamo, and then go look for kids, and help them."

The girl's name was Jojo. She did not like her original name. So for everyone, she was Jojo.

She nodded and went to accomplish Asma's order.

The kids came down with Zain.

Today was a festive day for him. After many years he was having breakfast with his son. Although they had an extra guest too.

Arham sat beside his father on a chair. Without permission, Fairy sat on Zain's lap. The little girl was hell-bent on making him, her father.

The variety of food on the table watered their mouth. For the first time, they were seeing all these items together on the table.

Buns, cupcakes, pastries, sandwiches, donuts, juices, shakes, a variety of omelets, jams, cereals, etc.

He set kids' plates according to their choices. He was helping Farheen with feeding, she was a bit too little to do breakfast on her own, at this big dining table.

Arham was looking at her sister, with an enigmatic smile, which did not go unnoticed by Zain.

"What's the matter, my son?"

"She is eating like a good girl. Otherwise, she makes Mama run after her to put food in her mouth." Arham told him.

Zain pressed his lips together in a tight smile to hide his anger. Why his son had to spoil his mode with the mere mention of her mother?