Chapter 10

After giving Ayzel one day of the break he was returned to where she was kept. Her dark cage.

"Miss me? Ugly creature." Zain taunted her.

She had been missing him for the last five years and ten months. It was now Lord had listened to her.

"Yes, very much." She replied. Her body was still aching due to his last time anger.

"I will ask you again, Miss Ayzel, where is Sameer?" His attitude was like a police investigator.

"I have already told you.." before Ayzel could complete, Zain cut her.

"Na, Na, Na, Let me complete first. If you fail to answer me then you have to face my punishment. I won't tell you about it. But you have to endure it by hook or crook. Even if you tell me where he is. Now think and tell me where is your boyfriend?" His voice was still like a stranger. He was playing bad or worse cop with her.

Ayzel inhaled a breath of anger.

"Zain Skinder. First of all, he is not my boyfriend. My answer will remain the same today and in the future. I. Don't.know.where. Is .he.rotting." Zain saw blazes in her eyes.

"But you won't believe me. So start your punishment." She finalized the situation for her.

"As you say." Zain shrugged his shoulder. On his call, his men started to place burning coals in a path-like arrangement. Ayzel did not have a good feeling about it. She was sure these coals were not here for barbeque. But they can be used to grill her.

Was going to grill her?

"Miss Ayzel have you ever touched burning coal? No? Believe me, it hurts." Zain clicked his tongue and winked at her.

"Walk on them. That's your punishment." He simply ordered.

A memory hit her.

Flash Back

Ayzel was cooking in the kitchen and Zain was watching her sitting on the chair. When she put some frying items in the hot burning oil, a tiny splash of oil burnt her finger. She hissed.

Zain instantly rushed and examined her finger. It was a bit red. The madness and anger appeared in his eyes. He started to apply ointment to it.

"How many times I have told you to not work around the stove when there are many helpers? But why do you care? You just love to hurt yourself and me. Now see!" Zain scolded her while applying the ointment.

"Zain you are overreacting. It's just a small burn. And I was cooking for you." Ayzel chuckled. But it added fuel to his anger. He threw the ointment in anger.

"Then stop cooking for me. I can starve myself but won't eat the food made by your hands." He was serious.

And true to his words, he did not eat anything for the next two days. Until Ayzel swore that she would take the help of others in the kitchen.

Flashback ends.

"WALK ON IT, NOW!" he barked an order. With widened eyes, she looked between him and the path of burning coals in front of her.

Did he seriously want her to walk on it? He was the same person who could not tolerate a single scar of burning oil on her. But long ago that time was gone.

She did not have any other option as well. He won't believe her even if she says a million times that she does say where is Sameer.

She took a deep breath and raised her wrist to muffle her mouth with the sleeve's fabric. It confused Zain. What was she up to?