Epilogue

Preparations for Rhaenyra's crowning had been entrusted to Lord Lyonel, as Rhaenyra and Enora both grieved their loss. The great noble houses of the realm had once again been invited to swear obeisance to the rightful heir, this time though they would watch as she was crowned Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

The Red Keep's Great Hall had been filled with the Lords and Ladies of Westerosi Nobility. Enora and her children stood at the base of the Iron throne, heads held high as they waited for the ceremony to begin.

"People of Westeros," Lyonel announced. "Today is the saddest of days for our beloved King, Viserys the Peaceful, has passed. Yet it is also the most joyous of occasions for his wish will finally come true. His firstborn daughter Rhaenyra should succeed him."

Applause filled the hall at Lyonel's words as the doors opened and horns sounded. Rhaenyra stood tall as she entered the hall, the crowd of nobles parted around her as she made her way to the Iron throne.

"It is your great and good fortune and privilege to witness a new day for our city, a new day for our realm. A Queen to lead us."

Enora offered Rhaenyra an encouraging smile as the Princess knelt before the High Septon. Rhaenyra nodded to her stepmother, before turning her attention to the man before her.

"May the Warrior give her courage. May the Smith lend strength to her sword and shield. May the Father defend her in her need. May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light her way to wisdom." With every sentence the High Septon smeared oil on Rhaenyra's forehead.

Enora paused for a moment as Viseyrs's golden crown was placed into her hands. The thought that Viserys was truly gone cemented in her mind and heart, causing a pang of sadness to fill her chest. Enora took a deep breath, forcing a smile to her lips as she stepped forward. She lifted the crown high so the crowd could see it, before lowering it onto Rhaenyra's head.

Rhaenyra's head lifted as she looked up at her stepmother, and for a brief moment Enora saw Viserys. Her love knelt before her, smiling up at her. Love and mirth danced in his lavender gaze as his eyes crinkled playfully. Then as soon as his presence had graced her he was gone, and Enora was stepping back so Rhaenyra could stand up.

"Let the Seven bear witness: Rhaenyra Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." Daemon spoke, allowing his voice to carry throughout the hall as Rhaenyra walked up the steps to the Iron Throne and sat down. "All hail Her Grace, Rhaenyra, first of her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

With that Enora and Daemon knelt down before the new Queen. The Lords and Ladies of the Realm followed suit, dropping to their knees in respect for their Queen.

★・・・・・・★

With Rhaenyra crowned Queen, Daemon and her took over the Small Council, though Rhaenyra still invited her stepmother to attend and sought out her council. And Enora was happy to support her stepdaughter, yet she felt her days grow dull and nights grow bleak. She missed Viserys with every bit of her being. The only moments of reprieve she was afforded were while she slept. In her dreams Viserys was alive and healthy, they walked through the Hall's of the Red Keep hand in hand, and laid under the weirwood tree wrapped tight in each other's embrace. They spoke of past memories and Enora told him of Rhaenyra's reign and their children's lives.

She told him the details of Helaena and Aemond's wedding. Of how Helaena had embroidered insects and spiders along the hemline. And how Aemond's smile had been so large Enora had feared his face would shatter. In the years after she spoke of the twins Helaena had welcomed and the son years later. She told him how with Daemon's experience Aemond and he had claimed the Stepstones and how a port town was being built, and that Aemond and Helaena would soon travel to reign over the islands.

Enora spoke of how Daeron had begun following Baela around like a lovesick puppy and how the girl merely ignored his presence. And that was all Enora knew until she had stumbled upon Daemon yelling at his young nephew. When she had questioned him, Daemon had told her he had found the two kissing in the Godswood. A betrothal had soon been agreed upon, and as Laenor's heir, Baela and Daeron would rule over Driftmark.

She shared her pursuit of a match for Aegon, and how he didn't seem pleased with any of her suggested matches. Enora had finally resigned herself to have one son remain unmarried when Lord Borrus Baratheon had visited with his four daughters. Aegon had instantly become enamored with Borrus's eldest daughter, Cassandra. The two were married before summer's end and within a year had welcomed a son, Symon, and a daughter, Elenor, not long after.

It was during one dream visit when the two laid under the weirwood tree, stars danced and streaked across the sky above their heads. Enora laid against Viserys's chest, happy to be in her husband's arms if only in her dreams.

"I don't know how much longer I can stand only having you in my dreams, Viserys. With every breath I take I am reminded you are no longer by my side. It is never ending anguish until night falls and I can sleep." Enora sat up somewhat, moving so she could look into Viserys's eyes. "A part of me died with you, and now I only feel whole here with you."

Viserys was silent for a moment as he pulled Enora closer. He had felt it as well. He didn't cease existing when Enora was awake, instead he was left in a land of nothingness. And like it always had, with Enora by his side everything felt right. "You could stay."

"What?"

"You could stay here," Viserys grabbed one of Enora's hands and pressed it against his chest over his heart. "With me."

"The children-" Enora began to argue, but even she knew they had long since continued their lives. They would miss her and she would miss them greatly, but they had their own lands and families and titles and kingdoms. They would be alright. "How do I stay?"

"Just lay here with me."

Enora nodded and laid back down, curling herself into Viserys while his arm wrapped tightly around her.

The following morning the Dowager Queen was found to have passed in her sleep, a peaceful smile said to have been pulling at her lips. Queen Enora had died at the age of eight and forty, five years after her beloved Viserys. Nobles and small folk alike whispered how she had died of a broken heart, how the Queen had never recovered after her husband's death. She was mourned by the entire realm but none as much as her children and their families. The eternity of King's Landing entered into a mourning period lasting well over a month as they grieved their Queen.

AN: Idk how I feel bout this... What'd yall think?

-Ele