Chapter Sixteen

I was all ready in my green kurta for the mehndi function!
I came to the area where the function was to be held and realised I was a bit late...

I saw sheetal and Neil was already putting her mehndi.. with lots of ladies covering them...
I saw Hansvi was also there putting mehndi on her hand...
This is the last day I am meeting her...

She looked at me... and smiled at me... she called me by her eyes...
I was about to go when I remembered something... 
I turned around and went from the function...

"Hrithvik!!"

I heard my name.. I turned around and told her to put the mehndi quietly...
Saying that I ran from the function...
.
When I completed my work.. i came back to the function and saw almost everyone was rushing here and there to settle everything for the haldi function...
Maybe mehndi is over already!
It's 10 o'clock! Nice! It would be managed...

Suddenly I received a smack on my head without any warning...
Rubbing that area I turned around only to find Hansvi there.. fuming...

"Kya hai??? Maine tumhe jab bulaya aaye kyu nahi? Aisi kaunsi zaroori kaam thi ha??"

She asked...

"Arre thaa koi zaroori kaam! Abh ho Gaya hai!"

I said.. while she was still fuming...

"Accha okay baba sorry! Mujhe tumhe batake jaana chahiye tha! Abh mehndi dikhao!"

Saying that she got excited and put her hands in front of me...
I was looking at them carefully... the designs are really tough tho.. she has a tough choice-----

She pulled her hands back immediately!

"Kya hua?"

I asked..

"Nahi.. uh.. woh... kuch nahi ... tum haldi ke liye taiyar ho jaao!"

She was getting nervous! Why? She was about to run from there when I held her hand...

"Achanak se Aisa bhi kya ho Gaya huh?" I asked being suspicious!

I pulled her close to me... she was frozen in her spot..  I could feel her heartbeat was so loud... I smirked...
Taking that chance I was about to look at it again when...

"Roohhhhiiii!!! Jaldi aaa!!!!!"

I heard Neil calling her due to which she came out of her trance and ran from here...
I hate you Neil....
.
.
.
During the haldi ceremony... everyone were so happy and having fun...
Firstly they smeared the haldi on the groom and bride... and now they are playing with each other...

I tried to save myself from every inch of haldi but my mom didn't leave me...
I saw Hansvi was hiding behind a pillar so that she is not drenched with the haldi...
I smirked thinking of my idea...
I sneakily went behind her taking some haldi...
I bent down.. enough to reach her ears.. and whispered...

"Wanna get some haldi on you?"

As soon as I said that.. Hansvi pushed me and ran from there...
I ran behind her...
I didn't realise when we reached our rooms...

"Rukoooo!!!"

We both stopped taking our breaths...

"Tumhe itna kya zarurat ho Rahi hai mujhe haldi lagane ki???" She asked..

"You know tumhe tang karne mein maze aata hai!" I said stepping towards her... while she stepped back...

"Tu..tum aise mujhe haldi nahi laga sakte.."

She said...

"Kyu nahi laga sakta?" I asked innocently.. stepping towards her..
She stepped back...

"Kyuki... kyuki main...haan! Yaad nahi? Kaise tumko maarti thi bachpan mein? Waise pitne ka iraada hai kya?"

She asked...
I smirked and stepped towards her again.. due to which her back hit the wall and i caged her..
She gasped..

"Maarne ka itna hi shauk hai toh.. tum maar sakti ho mujhe! Main toh already mar gaaya hu... tumpe..."

I said.. while she looked at me shockingly...
I smeared the haldi on her face... while she was still looking at my eyes...
I left the room...
I felt bad... because I would not be able to see this face again...
.
.
During the marriage ceremony... everyone was busy adoring the couple.. who were getting married... but I was busy looking at Hansvi...
She looked drop dead gorgeous in that blue lehnga.... and her cute bun... she was stunning... but i found her lost somewhere...
She was not concentrating on the wedding rituals...
Maybe she was thinking about what happened in the afternoon...

After dinner...   almost everyone were leaving showering their blessings on the newly wedded couple....
It was almost midnight..
In two to three hours..the sun will rise.. and at 6 we have our bus...
My mom kept her hand on my shoulder...

"Hansvi ko bye bol ke aa..."

She said... while I nodded...
.
I started searching for Hansvi... later I found her on the terrace standinh near the railing...
I went near her and stood beside her...she didn't feel my presence until I shrugged her by my shoulder...
She looked at me and smiled...

"Sab kuch kitna acche se ho gaya na?"

She asked while I nodded....

"Bohot accha laga ki tum bhi aaye... varna according to our past records... mujhe laga tha tum aaoge hi nahi!"

Saying this she laughed... I smiled...

"Aana toh tha hi... varna tumhe main miss kar jaata!"

I whispered...

"Huh?"

I smiled and took out the thing from my pocket... she looked at it and then at me...
I took her hand and placed the box in it...
She opened it.. revealing the star pendant I bought for her...

She looked at me..

"Tumhe yaad tha?" She asked me..

I did...

"Happy Birthday..."

I said...
She throwed her arms around me...

"Thank you so much Hrithvik..."

She said.. while I gulped... the lumps which formed in my throat...

She parted from me... and looked at the pendant blushingly...

"Accha sir... abh aap itni pyar se laaye ho toh pehna bhi dijiye!" She said...

I nodded.. while she turned around...
I clicked the hook of the chain and the pendant rested on her peacefully.. she looked at it carefully...

I took a deep breath... and gathered all my courage for whatever I am going to speak now....

"Hansvi... I want to confess something!"

She looked at me immediately ....

"Kya kaand Kara hai tumne???"

She asked...

"Shayad karne wala hu..."
.
.
.
TBC