Chapter Eighteen

Hansvi's pov...

He left...
He went back...
Leaving me alone on the terrace...
I started recalling each and everything since we met...

I was sitting alone in the bus stand waiting for Neil to pick me up because I had left my city without informing anyone and came to live with Neil... I knew that he would be in that same place... which was also one of the reasons for me to leave...
I was engrossed in my thoughts when I could no longer feel the rain above me... I looked up and saw... him.. from the person I was running away... he was now in front of me... Unknowingly his name slipped from my lips...
I stood up and looking at him after so many years... it makes me feel surreal... he was making my heart beat even faster... I looked here and there and started fidgeting my fingers... I looked at him again and saw he was looking at my neck... oh noo... did he see the black spot over there?? It can't happen... just then I heard Neil calling my name.. oh no! Why is he calling me roohi? He doesn't know my that name! It's almost like a chudail's name... after they both introduced themselve... I left with Neil...
.
.
That day.. when we met at library... our little interaction... our hands brushed... I couldn't stay anymore there because if I did.. I knew i would catch feelings for him...
When I reached back I realised that my bracelet was missing... maybe it was with Hrithvik... I tried forgetting about it...
.
.
That day.. when I went to take smriti from that... that horrifying face... I... I was not scared for myself... but when I saw Hrithvik there... my heart skipped a beat... when he removed my cloth mask from my face... I was in a trance of falling in those eyes.... but when I realised that it was "THE" place... my fear increased... I was scared to death for Hrithvik... I didn't want any harm over him... taking smriti from there... I anyhow took Hrithvik outside that place... and I was relieved... that he was safe and my smritu was safe... I knew, I had developed some feelings for him... but I always knew that this was not possible... based on our past interactions... he would never feel for me that way...
.
.
In this wedding... he thought that it was my marriage with Neil.. but I was glad to inform him that I was single... as if I would get a chance with him... the first day only.. I was about to tell bhabi about him thinking me as Neil's wife.. he took me to the corner and I was nervous... he didn't budge when I tried walking past him.. but I tried keeping my attitude and walked away... that was close.. but... the main thing that happened that day was...
I was talking to a lady when I suddenly felt someone pulling me.. I came across to hrithvik's face... I felt his hands on my waist... we were so close that i was not realising what was happening around us.. I came back from my trance when he left me...
We went to the movie... and Neil chose to watch a horror film.. I was so scared to watch them... and to my bad I was sitting beside Hrithvik... he would now know about my fear to horror movies.... throughout the movie I was holding hrithvik's hand firmly and sometimes hiding behind him... I was not realising what I was doing but when I did i immediately withdrawed my hand but he didn't leave my hand.... did he? No he mustn't! He must have felt my fear so out of guarding me he did that! But I liked that...
.
During the mehndi session... when I called out hrithvik's name that girl who was putting the henna... she thought that I wanted his name on my palm so she wrote that... and when I showed the design to Hrithvik... I then realised that it had his name... looking at my hand he pulled me closer and i froze... I was not at all budging... but soon Neil called and I came back from my trance.... so.hiding it i immediately left the place...
During the haldi time... he had some weird obsession with me putting the haldi.. I was hiding behind the pillar when I heard his husky voice.... I immediately ran from there while he followed me everywhere... we came to his room.... while running... and I told him to stop.. he slowly took his steps towards me and caged me to the wall..... believe me.... my heart was not beating.... it was in a bullet train express... and when did he smeared the haldi on my face I didn't even know....
.
.
And finally now.... when he bought the star shaped pendant.... I felt special that in all these chaos... he remembered my birthday.... and the most important thing happened....
He confessed...
He confessed his feelings to me... and I was on cloud nine... the thing I wanted was happening now... he confessed to me... I was dying to accept his proposal but....
I remembered everything.... every reason... why we can't be together... I don't want any harm on him... being with me will just harm him... I don't want that... he doesn't deserve any kind of harm..
I am sorry Hrithvik...
I love you too...
But I can't do this..

"Don't do this with yourself Hansvi...."

I heard Neil and looked at him... he saw my star pendant and then looked at me... he came near me and crouched down to my level...

"Don't do this... he doesn't deserve that... he doesn't know anything about us... he knows nothing about your past... and believe me... what's in the past.. is in the past... you have left it in that city... it wouldn't come and haunt you.... don't let your painful past to harm the present and destroy a beautiful future... he loves you... you love him... what's the problem?"

He's right though... why am I thinking of it... he wouldn't be harmed... but now he's gone...

"But.. now he's gone..."

I said disheartened...

"It's been three hours since he left... he might end reached his home already... go to his home and surprise him... he would be the happiest!"

For the first time he gave a good idea....
I immediately left for his place... in these dress only....
.
.
After two hours of journey I reached his house... but how do I get inside? I don't want his mom to know.... the window!! It's the best way!
I looked here and there to find something... I saw a pipe which lead to the balcony...
I tried the dupatta around my waist and started climbing through it....
After some of my hardwork in this heavy lehnga and my jewelleries... I finally reached the balcony which I guess might be of his....
I jumped inside the balcony and took some breath...
I heard the sound of a knob and as soon as I turned towards the room... I saw Hrithvik who was about to scream... but I covered his mouth with my palm... and she to the sudden action... We both fell down on each other...
I could again feel his hands on my waist.... his looks were showing that he was confused about me being present there....

"Abh kya kar diyaa tuneee!!"

I heard aunties voice... and horror took all over me... why's she awake in this midnight????
Hrithvik placed his hands above mine and removed it from my mouth....

"Nahi maa!! Bass girr Gaya tha... ek baraaa saaa chuhiya dikh gyi thi!"

He said...
I pouted in anger...
He referred to me as a female mouse??? How dare he!!!

"Khayal rakha kar beta!" Saying this the voice stopped....

And i immediately stood up and pulled him up...
I smacked him hard on his hand...

"Ouch!"

"Main chuhiya hu???"

I started beating him telling the same thing... while he held my both the hands and pulled me closer to him.... my breath hitched...

"Actually kya hai na! Chuha dekhni ki aadat roz hai... itni bari chuhiya dekhne ki aadat nai na! So muh se nikal gayi!"

He then looked at a corner and I followed his gaze.. there was a big fat mouse sitting quietly...
Godd....
I embarassed myself again...
Why am I like this!!!

"Hmm.. aap bolne ki kripa karenge ki aapki yaha aane ki wajah kya thi?"

He sat down on the chair in front of his PC and started doing whatever he was doing...
I growled...
Chal Hansvi... bold banne ka waqt aa gya....

I went near him and pulled his headphones out.... and I took the mouse (the computer mouse) and exited from the game....

"What the??? Abh khelne bhi nahi dogi????"

He said...

"Aadat daal lo mister... kyuki abh se aapko games bohot Kam khelne ko milegi!"
.
.
.
TBC