7

Shresth's POV

"You know.. Sometimes you should be a part of the conversation.." I said.. She again nodded her head and this was the limit..

"I didn't knew your career included ignoring people.." My voice became a little loud than usual.. " I am not ignoring you.. I just don't want to talk to you right now.." She replied and started going back when I held her wrist..

"Thank you for letting your real feelings out about me.." I mocked again.. She sighed and tried to remove her hand from my wrist but I pulled her closer..

"What do you think of yourself Sirisha..? Are you some kind of queen or what that people will run around you.. Try to focus on one person for once.." 

My sudden outburst brought tears in her eyes.. It's more than enough for me now. I can't behave like this.. Having her in front of my eyes, but still being away from me.. 

"I have to focus on my career.. I don't want to be dependent over someone for anything.. I have seen my mother asking dad before anything in her life.. A woman is behind every successful man, but no men want to behind any woman's success.." She replied me back..

I made her face me and joined our foreheads.. I can feel our heartbeat syncing every second.. I pecked her forehead and looked at her..

"What is the purpose of this career if you don't have someone behind you to support you.. Are you sure your parents would be proud of your choice..?" I asked.. She shook her head.. I wiped her tears and started again..

"I want to be with you.. It's my choice.. I don't care what the world or my parents think about you.. They are the someone whom I least care about right now.. I told you then also and I am telling you now the same thing.. I am ready to face the whole world if I have you beside me.."

Her grip on my torso loosen and she stepped away.. She wiped her tears and looked at me straight in the eyes.. "Will your family accept me if I asked you to shift with me to Delhi and end that stupid engagement with your fiancé..? No right.. Cause image matters.."

She said and closed my eyes in frustration.. The same words she spoke to me almost 10 years ago when she asked why don't I have many friends and the reason was my image in the school.. Being the excel student comes with it's own pros and cons.. I had to maintain good communication with other student council members and head teachers.. One mistake and I could lose my everything..

Something which I grew up with.. My parents wanted me to join their family business, but I rejected in because I wanted to pursue medicine.. Although later on I became the CEO of the Hospital chains my parents had under them and gave the industry work to my younger brother..

They were not really happy when I asked Yuvaansh  take my place.. They felt like I was shame on their business clan family.. Moreover love marriage was a taboo topic in our family..

My parents got arranged to each other when they were 21, for the sake of business.. This is the reason why they wanted to set me and Trisha up..

"I know I can never keep you happy if I upsetted any of our family members.. But I can promise you that I am ready to beg anyone for you.." I said.. It's now or never..

"How much do you love me..?" Her voice felt so broken.. I didn't said anything and just smiled through my tears..  "I love you this much that I will never be able to express it in words.."

She felt on her knees bailing her eyes out.. I went closer to her and sat on my knees.. I cupped her face and pecked her forehead.. She threw herself in my arms engulfing me in a bone crushing her.. I hugged her back caring about nothing but her..