2

Shresth's POV (9 years ago)

After the chemistry period ended, we were sitting on our desks talking about random things about our syllabus when Sirisha started speaking..

"You know.. I can promise that you will never forget me.." She said while picking her hindi textbook.. "And why do you think so..?" Kashish asked..

You know sometimes I really think how the hell she started liking me.. We never talked to each other the last semester when we were in the same section, and now she behaves like she knows everything about me..

"Cause I am the first ever girl who is always ready to pick a fight with him.. Right..?" She pointed at me for the answer..

I tried to control my smile, but failed miserably.. She started to walk towards the door when she turned around to hear what I said.. "It was not like I was going to forget you.. I can promise you that.." 

Her expressions changed.. She turned again and walked out of the class.. I saw our maths teacher entering so I turned myself towards the board..

Our everyday passed like this.. Some arguments, some lonely thoughts shared by Ms. Sirisha and then making fun of them by me.. Sometimes I also felt that she hates jokes..

Cause most of time her smile drops while laughing.. You remember I mentioned about our 27 minute conversation.. 

She told me about her nature.. She even told me how to felt about Kashish.. And me being me, casually said that I will tell her to maintain distance from me soon..

In the evening she messaged me to think before I speak so that she won't get hurt.. This girl is too hard to understand.. She hates people, but still cares for them..

From where on the earth she can bring such humanity.. Am I really a donkey whose is not able to understand her..?

We were having some conversation about our speaking skills when I started praising myself.. And I warning you, never flutter yourself in front of Sirisha Roy because sarcasm runs in her blood.. 

She casually told me how big coward I am, which is actually true.. I never told Kashish about my feelings.. How I felt weird with her such thoughts..

"You can't even tell someone that you feel uncomfortable.. How the hell are you going to propose her.." We were talking about Kashish only when she said.. 

I was asking her why should I tell her about my feelings when they can hurt her.. And what she said was actually true.. I cannot even tell my bestfriend about my feelings, then how on the earth I am going to tell Kashish that I don't feel anything for her..

Few days ago, Karan started picking lines on Sirisha.. I told him to maintain some distance as she is the daughter of our school's director.. But he told me to chill as both of them agreed on taking some of the "fun".. Like why the hell I got bestfriend like Karan..

Never did Kashish proposed me nor I told Sirisha about my feelings for her.. I told Karan how I felt about her and he just cursed me for not asking her..

Flashback Over

It was all 9 years ago.. When I was 16.. Now I am 25 years old, doing my Post Graduation in Neurosurgery from AIIMS Jodhpur.. My family owns a big business and they have their own chains of private hospitals and collages.. But I wanted to achieve things on my own, so here I am.. I belong from Jaipur, but was here for 7 years for my MBBS and then PG..

Right now I am in Delhi.. Getting dressed up for our school reunion.. I had not plans to visit, but Karan's advice of finding her there was my last hope..

We lost the contact after few months we finished school.. She changed her phone number and I never got it again.. I still had her online book profile but it provided least information about her.. 
Author Isha.. Nice name..

She didn't even had any social media account.. Nor I ever tried to find her on them.. She was too anti social for social networking sites..

The only thing which I knew about her was that she did her MBBS from AIIMS Rishikesh.. I didn't even knew if she continued it till Post Graduation..

I sprayed my perfume and walked towards the my hotel room's door.. 

After half an hour I was standing inside the same building from where my all memories were attached.. I saw Karan walking towards me with his wife Risha.. He is an army officer now.. Hard to believe but never knew Karan Shergill was interested to serve his country.. His wife was a software engineer.. They met during some drill when she went Kashmir for her collage project.. From there their love story began..

We talked for some minutes when the song changed.. It was indeed some kind of sad song.. Who the hell was operating the music system.. But when I turned to see... I saw her..

Black eyes, plump lips long hair and medium brown skin.. There she is.. The woman I was searching my whole life.. Sirisha Roy..

She is dressed in a white dress with her hair open.. She got long hair.. It suited her though.. She is laughing and smiling between her friends when she noticed me..

A small smile formed on my lips watching her expressions.. She was looking curious.. Like she never wanted to see me again.. And damn those lyrics..

Aaya woh phir Nazar aise
Baat chidne lagi phir se
Aankhon mein chubhta kal ka dhuan
Haal tera na humsa hai
Is khushi mein kyon gumsa hai
Basne laga kyon phir woh jahan
Woh jahan dur jis se gaye the nikal
Phir se aankhon mein karti hai jaise pehal
Lambha beeta hua ,Dil Dukhata raha
Khamakha bewajah Khwaab Bunta raha

She walked away and I excused myself to follow her.. She is sitting on the stairs which were made for watching matches in our school ground..

I walked towards her and sat there for few minutes before starting a conversation..

"Hi.. Long time no see.." I said to ease the tense environment around us.. She smiled a little and then looked at me..

"Hi.." She replied.. "So.. How's life going..?" I asked and turned my attention towards her..

As usual, Sirisha Roy dropped the eye contact.. She never liked making them.. And heer I am.. staring at her soul..

"Pretty well actually.. You know I got into my dream university for PG.." She said excitedly.. "AIIMS Delhi.." I replied.. 

I still remembered how she dreamt of being selected into it.. She literally talked about it when we used to discuss collages in our school times.. 

"You remembered..?" She asked with a little bit shock.. " I can't forget anything about you.." I said out of blue..

"I-I d-didn't.." Ugh why the hell I am sluttering for.. She chuckled making my heart light..

"Relax.. So, how's your life going..? Still in touch with Kashish and all..?" she asked while smiling cheekily. I got closer to her an reduced a little distance between us..

"No contact with her, but yeah.. It's pretty fine.. Doing neurosurgery.. What about you..?" I asked.. "But you wanted to Cardio right..? Nevermind, I got gynaecology.." She said and sipped on her cold drink..

"Forensic Science..?" I aksed.. "Just left it.." She said..

We talked for a few minutes more.. For the second time, without any arguments.. Just her and me.. No Kashish or Karan to interrupt in between.. (Sorry Karan)

"Gotta go now.." She said and got up when I held her wrist.. "I can drop you.." I said..

She pulled or maybe yanked her hands away from me trying to make some distance.. "It's fine.. I can go.. I have got my car" She said and walked (ran ) towards the exit door..

I took my phone out and found 10 missed calls from Karan.. He better not be serious...

TBC