1

(Play the song above)

Ekaansh's POV

I opened the door of my now shared bedroom.. Inside my wife sitting on my bed with her veil thrown over the bed.. The jewellery scattered around the floor.. She is throwing her wedding bangles and the tears are streaming down her face..

I went near her and stood after reaching a safe distance.. Her eyes lifted from the ground and stared at mine.. She removed her bangles and started to rub her hairline filled with vermilion.. I held her hand but she jerked it away..

I pulled her from her arm and made her stand in front of me.. She is not short in height.. Probably 174 cm tall or something like that.. Her eyes held anger and pain..

"I told you to behave.. Ik baari mein baat samajh nahi aati kya..?" I coldly asked her.. "Kya behave.. I am your wife outside this room.. Inside this room, I am head of my own decisions.." She replied to me without even thinking twice.. I held her close to me.. She kept her hands on my chest trying to create distance..

"Biwi biwi hoti hai.. I don't care room hai ya nahi.." My voice came out colder than usual.. She pushed me back from all of her strength and broke into tears..

"You told me it was temporary.. Phir kyu ki mujhse shaadi..?" She shouted.. I remained quiet.. I don't know how to answer her question.. Yes, it was suppose to be fake.. But the God had other plans for us..

Author's POV Flashback (6 months ago)

Few days after the announcement of the new CEO for the company, new recruits were hired in different department..

One of them was Ahaana Mehra.. The new junior manager of the marketing depart of Wayne Enterprises.. After having two years of work experience as an intern in the company, she was going this promotion to prove herself..

Currently she is standing at the company's reception with other managers to welcome their new CEO.. She didn't wanted to be here at that moment, but job matters..
She needed it for her survival..

After few minutes of waiting, he stepped inside the company and thanked everyone for their precious time.. Not those stereotypical CEO moves... (hehe)
Ahaana avoided him and passed her bouquet to another newbie to pass it to the CEO..

Few days went like this.. She maintained her distance from the CEO.. Her colleague didn't noticed as they were too busy to look into others matters..

But her happiness didn't last longer.. After a month of his joining, the marketing team found some problems with the companies share holders.. Although the major number of shares were under the names of Singhanias, but few other high profile names were also included..

An important meeting is kept on the next day to discuss the problem with the CEO and the other board members.. Ahaana was the one of the members of the group which was calculating the differences of monetary loss faced by the company..

During the meeting various aspects were discussed about the loss but none of them was relevant to proof the point for the lost money..

"Ms. Mehra.. Can you please continue for now.." Her senior colleague asked her.. She looked at the CEO who was massaging his temples, trying to not burst out of his stupid employees..

She nodded and took and deep breathe before standing up and continuing.. "According to our other resources, we have been investing in other heath care facilities.. But we haven't discuss anything about this with them.. So if you allow.." She was cut off by Ekaansh's harsh voice..

"Can't you guys research enough before the meeting..? For the last 45 minutes all I am hearing about is how we can found about the loss.. Can we discuss about how can we makeup for this loss instead of thinking about the loss..?" He asked

"Sir.. But we need to find the solution from the beginning and.." Ahaand tried but was again stopped by him.. "Okay we should do this.. Toh do tin mahine kaam chod ke baith jaate hai iske peeche right..! Stop being ridiculous guys.. Lets have a break and we will meet at 5 with the new ideas.. Got it..?" He asked..

Every one replied in positive and left the room one by one.. Ahaana sat on her chair inside the now empty room.. Never in her working career of 3 years she had been humiliated like this..
He was the CEO but who gave him the right to do such things..

Ekaansh's POV Flashback over..

"I think we both have to find answer for this.." He sat beside her on the bed.. "No way.. Don't expect me to be the part of this marriage.. After 5 months this contract will be over.." Her reply was harsh.. Did she hated me this much..

"Thank you for giving me such a high post in your company in exchange of my self respect, but I am not going to accept all this.. This relationship was suppose to be fake and it should be always seen as fake.." She said and left my bedroom to sleep inside the study attached to my bedroom..

She had been sleeping their since the starting of this marriage.. I know she didn't wanted this marriage and had other plans in her life, but she can trust me for this right..?

I looked at her veil and jewellery scattered all over the floor.. I picked them up and kept all of them inside the closet.. I peeked inside the study and found her on the phone typing something.. Definitely something from office..

I closed the door and sat back on my bed and slumped down on it.. I looked at the ceiling trying to arrange my life into pieces.. Everything was fine until that day..

The day which changed our life forever.. I don't know it was a good thing or bad one.. But I know God has planned something much better than this..

TBC