4. First Super

"I still don't understand how you can work like this." Buddy stood above the mess of papers on Vivian's workfloor. "I mean, not that I don't like the look of you from here."

Vivian rolled her eyes, looking up at him from her kneeling position on the floor.

"Pervert." She teased, causing a smirk to grow on his face. "Besides, I like having an overview. I made these knee pads for a reason."

Gazing at her mentioned knee pads, Buddy gasped in mock-offense. "And here I thought you made those for me."

Vivian huffed, rolling her eyes at the innuendo, but smiling nonetheless.

"Inventions can have multiple uses." She shrugged.

"Yeah, well. Looking at you from up here makes me think I should invent you a new back. You might need it if you keep hunching over like that." Buddy raised his brow.

Vivian rolled her eyes. "Is your schedule empty, or do you just enjoy interrupting my work?"

"What, can I not check on my girlfriend?" Buddy tilted his head, arms crossing across his S-clad chest. "So sorry, I won't bother next time."

"Meow."

Vivian gasped at Bibbers' alarm, instantly checking her watch.

"It's not time for the meeting yet..." Vivian raised her brow. "What are you alarming me for?"

Bibbers blinked, before looking up at Buddy, as if expecting something. Vivian was left clueless, and worry grew in the pit of her stomach.

"Seriously, woman?" Buddy laughed at her perplexed face. "What did you think about lunch?"

"Oh..." Vivian hummed. "Right."

"So?" Buddy raised his brow.

Vivian pushed herself up from the ground, her legs slightly shaking from how long she'd been sitting. Letting out a groan as she straightened her back, she raised her brow at her partner, a small scowl on her face.

"So, what?" She questioned.

"You wanna go get lunch?" Buddy retorted. "You know, together?"

"Oh." Vivian flushed red, feeling like a hot mess. "Yes, I'd like that very much."

"Yeah, I figured." Budsy shrugged, a grin appearing on his freckled face. "Since you've practically been begging me to take you for ages."

Vivian gasped.

"Have not!" She protested, red like a tomato. "I just said that it might be nice."

Buddy laughed, thrilled about getting a rise out of her.

Vivian was usually a monotone woman, who rarely varied her tone of voice. So professional, so proper. An elegant vixen, as her Eclipse persona. But with Buddy, she was just Vivian. Syndrome loved to bring Vivian out, even in front of others. But it was only in private moments like these that she actually had her guard down, and he loved it.

Call it a power-kink, but he loved the idea that he was her greatest weakness. And he'd play with it time and time again.

"So, shall we?" Buddy exclaimed, bowing dramatically as he held out his gloved hand towards her.

Vivian snorted, rolling her eyes at his actions, before placing her hand in his. "We shall."

---

"Incoming call, ID: 13918175." Bibbers alarmed.

"Ugh, who is it now?" Buddy groaned, pushing himself off Vivian to sit next to her on the bed.

Vivian cleared her throat, sitting upright to accept Bibbers' call.