7. A Mother's Pain

WARNING: Miscarriage

---

"Huh, impressive." Syndrome mumbled, after watching his precious battle robot being torn apart by Macroburst. "Let's invite him to dinner."

"Dinner?" Eclipse raised her brow, hand on her belly as she turned away from the screen. "With us?"

"Not with us, obviously." Syndrome rolled his eyes. "Send Mirage, get him to loosen up. Then, we'll send him back home, and when I finish the next robot he'll come running back with open arms. They always do."

"Alright, I'll let her know." Eclipse nodded, before pushing the button on her earpiece. "Mirage, invite Macroseer to dinner. We'll handle everything, just get him to trust you."

"Understood." Mirage's voice rang in her ear. 

Eclipse clicked off, letting out a deep breath as she stretched. Her lower back was killing her, but she didn't dare tell Syndrome before he decided she wouldn't be allowed to sit in chairs either. 

Feeling Syndrome's hands on her rigid shoulders, she moaned as he started to push the palms of his hands into her back. Syndrome chuckled from behind her, watching as she leaned her head back against his chest, as he pushed himself further against her. 

"Looks like someone needs a little break." He teased. "You're practically melting in my hands, sweetheart."

Vivian let out a deep breath, eyes still closed as she let herself live in the blissful moment.

"Can't help it, you're too good at this."

Buddy chuckled. "How about you get something to eat, go back to our room, and I'll treat you tonight."

"Now that sounds like a plan." Vivian smirked. 

So, Vivian did exactly as told. Stopping by the kitchen on her way to Syndrome's room, she was given a package of fruits and vegetable dominant bowls for her to enjoy when she pleased. They'd been the biggest help in making sure that she didn't give into any unhealthy cravings that could have negative side effects. Oh, the luxury of having personal chefs. She ate one of the bowls for lunch, before taking the berries with her for a possible snack. Vivian despised eating in bed, and refused to ever do it,  so she gave the leftovers back to the kitchen for another time. 

Whilst waiting for Syndrome, she took a nap whilst Bibbers stood watch over her. She could barely remember the last time she really took a break, before her pregnancy. God, how long had she been working with Buddy again? 5, maybe 6 years? A long time for someone who was barely an adult. In July, Vivian would be turning twenty four, and by that time she would almost be welcoming her baby boy into the world.

She woke up from the sound of the door being unlocked, knowing it could only be one person. Glancing over towards the clock, she realized that it was two hours later than his usual retreat.

"Have you been working overtime?" Vivian questioned, as Buddy entered the room, still in his super-suit. 

Buddy halted, obviously not expecting her to be awake. "I... have no idea what you're talking about."

"Cut it out, Buddy." Vivian pointed, deadly serious as she sat up from her sleeping position. "Have you been working overtime?"

"I've been doing exactly what I need to do." Buddy retorted. "And if that means working a little later, then so be it."

"But when I do it, you scold me?" Vivian raised her brow. "Before I got pregnant, I mean."

Buddy was silent, knowing that she was right. "I'm a hypocrite, you should've known that."