14. Fixing This

"Wow.

Vivian's eyes widened as Mr. Incredible launched the Omnidroid's claw at its core, penetrating it completely. Without its core, it didn't take long for the Omnidroid to shut down, before falling into the water and exploding. Yikes, knowing all of the hard work that had gone into it, it was a little embarrassing to see. 

As people started to cheer, and gather around the supers, Vivian felt herself grow shy. But before she had a change to slip away in the crowd, a long extendable arm dragged her right in the middle of the supergroup. Elastigirl smiled at Vivian's shocked face, a silent way to say that she was proud. It made Vivian feel like a child again, praised by her dad when she did something nice. 

"You did good, kid." Mr. Incredible complimented, patting her lightly on the shoulder. "And nice suit."

Vivian flushed red, brushing her hands down on the skirt of her jacket. "Thanks."

---

Watching the kids play with Bibbers was one of the most heartwarming things that Vivian had ever been blessed to witness. At one point, this is exactly what she had fantasized about. In a perfect world, her and Buddy would've had their son, and lived peacefully on Normanisan. Happy.

But even in the peace, Vivian knew she still had some things to settle.

"I'm sorry for my actions against you, and other supers." Vivian told Mr. Incredible and his wife. "I acted out of revenge, and it was incredibly ignorant."

Elastigirl gave a small smile. "Well, we can't change anything about the past. But what's important is what you do now, and from the way I see it, you're definitely on the right path."

Mr. Incredible nodded, before a more sorrowed expression fell on his face. He wanted to say something, that much was clear, but something was making him hesitate. But then, he shook his head, as if his mind was made up.

"I'm sorry, about your father." Mr. Incredible sighed, taking Vivian by surprise.

"What?" She blinked, as she'd definitely not expected that. "You- you know who I am- was? I mean-"

"Yes, yes I do." Mr. Incredible admitted. "I've known who you were from the moment I saw you. I'm sorry, I didn't remember your name. But your face, I could never forget it."

The face of a little girl, terrified out of her mind, at the court stand at only ten years old. It broke Bob's heart, and all he wished to do was apologize, but he never got the chance to. Or maybe he was too proud to. It was something that he'd always regretted, and the exact reason why he couldn't get himself to hurt her even when he thought he'd lost everything. How could he, when that same face stared him straight on, her fear reminding him of everything he did wrong fifteen years ago.

"At the time, I did what I thought was right in the moment. And I'm so sorry it led to you losing your dad." Mr. Incredible continued. "When I was in that court, and I saw the way you looked at me- I've never been able to get that out of my mind."

Vivian smiled. Hearing the super she'd hated for over a decade, apologize in such an emotional way had touched her in a way she never imagined was possible. When she was younger, she was certain that nothing could've changed her mind on Mr. Incredible, but now she realized just how wrong she was.

"For what it's worth, I forgive you." Vivian spoke out loud for the first time, and felt a tremendous weight lift off her shoulders. 

"Good news, you're free to go." Rick Dicker, NSA agent, spoke to her. "As long as you keep out of trouble, that is."

Vivian nodded. "I definitely will."

Mr. Dicker smiled, before remembering something. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a business card, and handed it to her.