IX

Having no strength to further continue with university Sarah sat on a bench outside university where Renjun brought her favourite mango shake which she was sipping slowly while the warm sunlight hitting her, scared about the fact if what if Jeno gets to know but at the same time she knew that he would've known about the situation till now.

The familiar smell which irritated her nose hit her causing her to look at the direction from where it is coming and coughed as it triggered her lungs. She went towards him with the mango shake in her hand and snatched the cigarette from the other.

"Could you please stop it?" She asked in a polite manner for which he scoffed.
"I'm stressed, give it to me" He said but was too late before she threw it down and stamped on it.

"I'll give you my favourite" She put her hand in her pocket and searched for a familiar looking slip which she took out and took a single gum and passed to him.

Mango flavoured gum

He hated the fact it was mango but still throwed it in his mouth as at the moment he needed distraction, he chewed while trying not to cringe over the taste of it which he really hated the most but kept a neutral expression.

"Sorry for the fact that you got into this because of me... I think you also should stay away from me" He said the second line in a lower tone than his usual tone and left which made her confused.

Why did he tell me to stay away from him?

He was too complicated for her to understand.

"Boo!" She jumped and turned around being shocked by the sudden appearance.
"Yah- You!" She smacked his arm making him whine in pain.
"Yah you are so mean" Yejun whined while looking down at his childhood friend whom he felt as if she should be more than his friend but he knew it was one sided.

"You are so tall" She pouted for which he patted her head teasingly.
"Yah!" He laughed at her reaction.
"Well let's be serious about the reason I came to you" He said.
"That means you didn't come to visit me, that's mean" She said while sipping her milkshake.
"I don't mean that but are you okay? Like after what just happened?" He asked in an unknown concern.
"Don't bring that up for now, I'm trying to take myself out of it" She said and took the milkshake towards him for which he took a sip and she was back on finishing it off while walking around the soccer field and Yejun having his hand around her shoulder.

Jimin felt jealous? He didn't know the right word to describe his feelings right now.

"Lets hangout? It's been long since we hung out" She nodded in agreement.
"Then see you around in a bit, I have class now. Are you coming for the class?" She shook his head for which he nodded and went back to the building.
~

As soon as she woke up from the long nap, only to see the curtains closed and it was dark except for the light coming from the nightstand clock. She took a look at the time and got up remembering to get ready for the hangout.

She got ready in a simple look and went out of her room, downstairs to see her mom, Yejun and Jeno having a conversation. Probably having some tea going on cause her mom was also involved in the conversation or else Yejun or Jeno would always be talking about games.
Her pace down the stairs was slow, being scared of Jeno.

As soon as she reached the last step, Jeno noticed her and his smile faded in air. He got up and directly went towards her.

"Come with me" He held her wrist and took her to their mom's room and locked the door.

"These kids..." Her mom sighed knowing even if it's something, they won't tell her.
Yejun clearly knew what was going on.
"Ah aunt, I saw a cute dog in my phone I'll show you" He took his phone out and showed her the pic of the dog to distract her.