one.

IMESSAGE

nick
hey j

jamie
nick hey!!
its been so long

nick
i know omg
i miss u so much
how's europe been

jamie
it was great!
genuinely dreading school td.

nick
about that
um
see
chris got with someone over the summer
and im not gonna say who bc you'll see
and you have full rights to get mad

jamie
wdym
nick we broke up in february
im over him fr fr

nick
its not that...
you'll see when we get to school
but i thought i should warn you
so now you have a heads up 

jamie
heads up ab what...

nick
look up.

jamie looked up and towards the door of the school. after a moment, it opened and a nervous looking nick walked in and started scanning the hallway. once he spotted jamie, he grabbed matt's hand behind him and ran to her.

"hey, nick, look out!" matt yelled as he almost bumped into people. "sorry about him." he apologized to students around him. the two stopped in front of jamie and nick let out a deep breath.

"we are here for your support." he said. matt nodded beside him.

"just know, we have no part in whatever he's doing."

"guys, please." jamie laughed. "what is going..." she trailed off and her smile dropped as her gaze stopped at the door behind them. there was chris.

holding hands with her best friend, paris germaine.

"paris?" jamie faltered before her eyes welled up with tears and her expression went from confusion to hurt and anger. she walked up to the couple. "what the actual fuck?" she raised her voice slightly, causing a few heads to turn. luckily, it was still thirty minutes until the bell rang, so there aren't as much people.

"oh my god." paris stopped, her smile fading. she dropped chris' hand. 

"fuck you." jamie said before she could say anything else. she turned to chris, who tried to avoid her eyes. "you both can go to hell." she turned on her heel and stormed off, pushing past the small crowd of students that was starting to form.

"jamie!" paris ran after her, catching up to her around the corner. "jamie, hear me out."

"are you kidding me?" jamie turned around. "paris, i trusted you. you're my best friend. and you got with the same guy who had me devastated for months."

"i know, and i'm sorry. i swear we didn't mean-"

"you didn't mean to get together with my ex. we dated for four years paris. it took me months to get over him. you knew that and you still..." jamie trailed off, trying hard not to let the tears fall. "i have to get to class." she said.