thirteen.

flashback - ten months ago 

jamie felt happy. like, really happy. just two days ago, on valetines's day, chris had given her a purple heart-shaped photoframe that held a two month old picture of the two of them kissing in a photobooth. she was in an insanely good mood. there was nothing that could bring her down.

jamie hummed along to 'kiss you' by one direction as she tried to pick out an outfit for the evening. chris had called her earlier and asked if she could come over to just watch movies and hang out. as she rummaged through her closet, she got a text from chris. 

chris owen 
hi james
when will u be here

j belle 
hey!
im ab to leave in like 20

chris owen 
okay perfect
what do you want to watch?

j belle 
ummmm
u can choose :)

chris owen
jamie stop you know im indecisive

j belle
have fun! see u soon!

chris owen
see you soon
i love you

j belle
love you more!

jamie put her phone back on her bed and changed into a white tank top and green cargo pants. she grabbed her purse, phone, and wallet before heading downstairs. 

"mom! dad! i'm going to the triplets'!" she called out. "taking the car."

"okay, honey!" her mom called from the kitchen. "have fun and be safe!"

"tell jimmy i say hello." her dad replied as he walked down the stairs. jamie gave him a thumbs up before opening the door. the sky was littered with grey rain clouds, but it didn't look like it would rain for at least a couple hours. jamie started the car, plugging her phone in and starting 'folklore' by taylor swift, her absolute favorite album. 

as the song 'exile' played through the speakers, jamie sang along as she drove just three houses down to the triplets. she could have walked, but she wasn't sure if they would spontaneously plan a taco bell run or something. as she pulled into the driveway, jamie spotted chris sitting on the porch, waiting for her. his eyes lit up when he saw her. 

"jamie!" chris stood and walked over just as she was getting out of the car. she met him halfway and the two kissed. "i missed you." he whispered as he pulled away. jamie smiled. 

"you saw me yesterday." 

"seventeen hours too long." chris shook his head. "also, i found a movie!" he took her by the hand and led her into the house. "guys, jamie's over!" he yelled out. matt walked outside from the kitchen. his eyes softened when he saw the girl.