The Loss of a lover

As Viserys called Rhaenyra, he ordered her to marry her Cousin Ser Laenor Velaryon or else he would remove her from the Iron Throne and pass the inheritance to her half-brother young Prince Aegon II. So Rhaenyra had no other choice but to do what her father wanted and ally the Targaryen family to the Velaryon family to put an end to the rumors in Kings Landing. In exchange to do her father's wish, Rhaenyra had Ser Otto Hightower removed from her father's council.

Little did everyone know that Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding would be catastrophic and a test for the survival of the Targaryen Dynasty would come to pass. Rhaenyra then entered the ship with her father as they sailed off to the islands of Blackwater Bay.

Lady Rhea Royce, the honorable lady of the vale went out on a ride. Declining her Cousin's request to join her on a hunt.

"Good Morrow, Lady Rhea."

"-Cousin."

"What's today's quarry? Rabbit?"

"Deer."

"Oh. Fine challenge. Care for some company?"

"I'd rather ride alone."

"Good fortune to you."

Prince Daemon suddenly payed an unexpected visit to his estranged wife. Making her think that they were going to consummate their marriage but Daemon had other plans.

"Husband. What brings you to the Vale? Or you have at last come to consummate our marriage? The Vale's sheep might be willing, even if I'm not. Our sheep are prettier, after all. Or perhaps your brother has at last had his fill of your company. Cast you aside in favor of a little girl. What will you do now? Will you strike the child down? Or?"

"I knew you couldn't finish. Craven!"

After Lady Rhea fell from her horse. Daemon decided to end her life. As a defense for his niece. He then headed back to Kings Landing. Unaware that her cousin saw everything.

While they were away Queen Alicent Hightower slowly betrayed Princess Rhaenyra, and plotted to put her son Prince Aegon on the Iron Throne. She then decided to choose her allies carefully just to ruin her step-daughter. And soon that would eventually lead to House Hightower's downfall.With the help of her father's misguided manipulations.

"A moment. I do not wish to see you go."

"Such is the King's decision."

"A decision I most bitterly regret."

"And yet, you made it possible. You chose Rhaenyra."

"She swore her innocence, and I believed her."

"You wanted to believe her, as did her father."

"Your informant was wrong. An honest mistake, perhaps, but I did not foresee this!"

"You should have."

"If you had not been so relentless in advancing Aegon as heir!"

"Listen to me, daughter. The King will die. It may be months or years, but he'll not live to be an old man. And if Rhaenyra succeeds him, war will follow, do you understand? The realm will not accept her. And to secure her claim, she will have to put your children to the sword. She'll have no choice. You know it. You're no fool, and yet you choose not to see it. The time is coming, Alicent. Either you prepare Aegon to rule, or you cleave to Rhaenyra and pray for her mercy."

Alicent suddenly cried as she saw her father departing back to Oldtown. Regrettably preparing to make the biggest mistake of her life.

Rhaenyra and her father arrived to the castle of Driftmark to broker marriage arrangements with the Velaryon's, just to silence the rumors in Kings Landing. Her betrothed Ser Laenor Velaryon was training with his companion Ser Joffrey Lonmouth. As they bowed in the presence of the king.