The Council

It's now the year 132AC. As the news broke out of King Viserys's death. Of course Queen Alicent was the last person to know. Rhaenyra was standing wearing black and mourning for her father. She specifically instructed not to let anyone in except her family. Not even Alicent, although she and her siblings were related by blood.

"RHAENYRA!"

"Yes, Step-Mother!"

Alicent stared at her shockingly. But continued the discussion.

"Why was I the last person to know of Viserys's death?"

"I found him dead. And I'm the eldest. It's only fair that I get to decide how my father's burial goes."

"No, it's not. He's my husband!"

"You're right he is! He's the husband that allowed you to hurt his blood. I'm his eldest daughter, his blood too, and he also allowed his wife to go free with no punishments whatsoever. But his wife wants his daughter to be punished for something that happened years ago!"

"Rhaenyra you-"

"Please leave so I can grieve my family. I'm not in the mood to start a fight right now!"

"Rhae-"

"Rhaenyra, the lords are gathered outside. Syrax is ready for his burial!"

"Thank you, my lord husband."

As Rhaenyra let the Velaryon guards escort Viserys's corpse outside for burial. She went to follow him. Alicent of course blamed Laenor for the lies he told to his wife. But she knew they weren't lies. And he knew deep down inside that she was just being a hypocrite.

"You will not get away with your lies, Ser Laenor."

"What lies precisely?"

"I know you're lying to Rhaenyra. And you will not succeed."

"The only person whose lying about anything. Is you and your father to your Targaryen lineage. I told my wife the truth to protect her from threats like you, Ser Criston Cole, and your ambitious father Ser Otto Hightower. I lost my friend to the man you're protecting. I'm not lying about anything, I'm going by my house words. My words are True. And I'm Brave enough to protect my family from hypocrites like you idiotic Hightowers."

Alicent was stunned by his words. He just left out to follow his wife. Outside for the burial everyone dressed accordingly to honor King Viserys burial. Rhaenyra kissed him on the forehead. Her daughter's Rhaella and Valaena then took her hands. She then said the words to command Syrax.

"Dracarys!"

As Syrax obeyed her rider. The king was burned to ashes and was then buried with their Targaryen ancestors. During the wake of King Viserys. Many people came to Rhaenyra's family and her children to offer condolences.

Alicent would've went to see her, but she knew the risk. So she stood there by her manipulative father looking like a coward. As for Otto he was only smiling with greed. He was just waiting for the opportune moment to crown Aegon as the next King. But he knew his daughter would want to wait.

The lords of course we're talking to Rhaenyra in private. They were asking her and Ser Laenor to stay with them to discuss her plans for hers and Ser Laenor's coronation. Many people knew that Aegon didn't want to rule. But some still didn't know whom the real problem was.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Princess."

"Thank you, Lord Beesbury."

"Princess."