A Family Dinner

Aegon-18, Helaena-16, Aemond-15, Jacaerys-17, Lucerys-16, Joffrey/Baelon-14, Visenya/Rhaella-13, Valaena-12, Daella/Aemon/Alysanne-8. Aegon III/Viserys II/Aemma-4.

It is now the year 132, Rhaenyra and Laenor have given birth to approximately 13 children. And the people's suspicions were right. They followed in their great-grandparents footsteps.
With the amount of children Laenor and Rhaenyra have. Many people assumed that Ser Laenor would be just like his Great-Grandsire. Not only that but some still suspected that Aegon would be married to Rhaenyra's eldest daughter.

Years have passed since the incident at Driftmark. Ser Laenor was on the Driftwood Throne hearing of his father's whereabouts. Rhaenyra's maids were looking after his mentally ill wife. Rhaella and Valaena stood by Baela listening to reports about their grandfather. Jacaerys and a few of his children were on Dragonstone with Daemon.

"It's been near six years since we've seen my father, Maester. Tell me...will he live?"

"He led his sailors into an ambush. A ship made to look as if it were abandoned. In the fighting, his neck was slashed by a corsair's dagger. He fell overboard into the sea. The wound was severe. Much blood was lost. But the greater concern is the fever that followed. The ship's Maester said he burns from within."

"Where precisely did the ravens come from?"

"Evenfall, My Lord."

"So they arrive in three days. Let all be made ready to receive him, Maester Kelvyn."

"Don't worry, father. The Sea Snake is strong."

"No doubt. And yet, I have seen blood fever overcome men half his age. Where is your second born son?"

"On Dragonstone with his Uncle Daemon."

"We will not suffer the talk of crows in this house, Vaemond."

"Mother, please."

"I love my brother and your children my dear nephew...but we must be honest with ourselves. We may greet his ship to find him gone. Lucerys your second born son is to ascend to the Driftwood Throne after you, Laenor."

"My uncle seems quite comfortable here."

"That may be true, Baela. But your Uncle presides only in the absence of your Grandfather. On his death, the seat is supposed to pass to Lucerys Velaryon. You must let him sit it, nephew. It is your father's desire is it not?"

"No, Uncle. Lucerys still has a lot to learn about the Driftwood Throne. And the ships."

"We've already taught him everything he needs to know. He's ready."

"Father, I think Uncle is right. It is Grandfather's desire for him to ascend with Rhaena by his side."

"Laenor already the people of Driftmark see you and Jacaerys as the rightful kings of King's Landing. The time is coming. Either you give Lucerys the throne and take your place or we will suffer the seven hells. I speak the truth, nephew. And you know it."

"Uncle as I said. We're testing the Hightowers to see if they have what it takes. Once King's Landing sees that their king isn't a good ruler. That's when we'll come back to take the throne. I know I'm the rightful ruler. But unfortunately it wasn't Grandfather Jaehaerys' wish for me to ascend. We must wait and be patient. The matter was already decided years ago. We gave them chances, peace treaties. They want all the power for themselves. They can have it. I just want them to stay away from my family."