Beasts Beneath The Boards

The Next morning after the loss of her husband. Mortified by the real confession of what actually happened between the two families. Queen Alicent woke up and stared out the windows.

Alicent had suddenly cried. All those 10 years of abusing Rhaenyra she soon regretted it. All those years of the lies she told her children about their sister. Now that Rhaenyra was out of the picture, she made the situation worse by helping her father gain access to the Iron Throne by tossing Rhaenyra, Laenor and Daemon aside.

She had ordered the servants to prepare her a bath and give her a new gown. She specifically instructed to rid the castle of everything the Sept had. Alicent would often send letters to Rhaenyra and Laenor. Unfortunately she had no replies back. Some would gossip about the Princess's mental illness. Rhaenyra refused to read anything from the Royal Family. Ever since her abusive relationship involving her new family.

"Talya, help me dress."

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Please, send letters out to the lords. Theirs been a misunderstanding of the inheritance, unfortunately."

"I don't understand!"

"The Princess Rhaenyra of Dragonstone. She is to return home. Although my son will be king. The Princess will not be apart from her family. I refuse to let that happen."

A small council was called in. And the lords were surprised to see the Queen no longer wearing her war banner colors. A secret spy sent by Laenor was in the castle snooping around for evidence. And more importantly, allies for Princess Rhaenyra and Ser Laenor's court.

"Good morrow, my lords."

"Your Grace, you're no longer wearing green?"

"Yes."

"This is a surprise. Where is the hand of the King? And what is it that could not have waited an hour? Was Dorne invaded?"

"Your Grace, where is the Hand? He should be here!"

"This doesn't involve the Hand. My lord's forgive my absurdity. But I thought you should know. We've gotten the real truth from Princess Rhaenyra. Me and her were nothing but pawns. To our fathers in a game."

"What are you talking about, Your Grace?"

"My son is only named heir. Because I punished the wrong person. My father had me go behind my friends back and betray her. I had no idea Rhaenyra was nothing but a place holder."

"What?"

"So that means Princess Rhaenyra is innocent."

"Yes, she is."

The doors suddenly opened with Otto Hightower entering. Angry at the Queen he questioned her asking why he wasn't called to the meeting. Only to be silenced by Alicent.

"Alicent, why wasn't I called to the council meeting?"

"You are to address to me as Your Grace now!"

Alicent left Otto speechless. The lords suddenly started attacking Otto with truthful words. They've soon betrayed him left and right. Some even suggested to the Queen to have him removed from the court.

"How could you do this, Ser Otto?"

"I've no idea what you're talking about Lord Tyland! You dare speak to me that way. Know your place! I am-"

"Oh we know our place, Ser. It is you who is out of place."

"Ser Criston-

"I don't answer to you, Ser Otto. I answer to the Queen."