True Born Dragon

As the saying goes "Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin. One side for greatness, the other side for madness. But which side will the coin flip and which side will it land? That's only for the gods to know and choose, as the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land for their next Targaryen child."

It was the year 114AC Rhaenyra and Laenor were expecting their first born son. Rhaenyra wanted a daughter just like Laenor promised her. But he assured her that their first child was a boy. Rhaenyra was in her birthing chamber heavily pregnant with the Maesters and Maids. Laenor had never left his wife. Even if it was for something important.

"Rhaenyra, are you well?"

"I'm fine, Laenor. I want our first child to be a girl."

"Rhaenyra our child is a son."

"But Laenor, you promised you said-"

"I said sons and daughters. We have to focus on sons first before we have a girl."

"I still think it's a girl."

"Rhaenyra, if we have a daughter. The Council will urge Viserys to match her with one of his sons. You'll be passed over just like my mother. She'll be queen instead of you. You know the law! No queen sits atop! You were an only child for a long time. I'm not losing our daughter to them."

(Gasps)

"Princess the baby is coming! You must push!"

"Laenor, I'm scared. My mother-

"Everything is going to be okay, Rhaenyra. I wouldn't allow them to do such a thing to you. Just push."

Rhaenyra pushed and screamed. She continued until she and Laenor heard a small tiny cry. The maids wrapped the young prince up in a blanket handing Ser Laenor his son.

"Congratulations Ser Laenor, you have a son! Have you and the Princess chosen a name?"

"I told you it was a son, Rhaenyra. Was it terribly painful for you?"

"I'll be fine, Laenor."

"What should we call him?"

"Princess, Ser Laenor. The King and Queen are here."

"Rhaenyra I do hope the labor was well?"

"It was father."

As the Hightower Queen entered wearing the same color dress she wore to Rhaenyra's wedding. Rhaenyra couldn't help but wanting to take her son away from her father. Seeing as how Rhaenyra spent more time with Ser Harwin Strong than Ser Laenor Velaryon. She was expecting the child to be a bastard. Queen Alicent of course couldn't deny that this child was indeed the true-born son of Ser Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra even though he looked like his mother he did inherit his father's eyes. She smiled at Rhaenyra, congratulating her birth.

"Congratulations, Rhaenyra he's perfect!"

"Rhaenyra what's his name?"

"Prince Jacaerys Velaryon."

"A perfect name for a prince."

Infant Prince Jacaerys was gifted with a dragon's egg in his cradle as welcoming gift. Soon gossiping spread throughout the kingdom of Ser Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra's son.

Although he bared no resemblance to Laenor and fully looked like Rhaenyra they never cared. He knows for a fact that Jace is his son. He did pray for him after all. It wasn't long until his parents came to King's Landing to see their grandson.

"Laenor he's so adorable. He has your eyes."

Rhaenys held her grandson making cute faces at him. Causes tiny giggles.

"Why doesn't he bare a resemblance to my nephew?"

"Vaemond!"

"It's only a question, brother! I meant no disrespect please forgive me, Nephew!"

"It's fine, Uncle."

Young Prince Aegon came to see his nephew. He was very happy to see him to. Rhaenyra of course was worried for her sons safety. She even remembered what her husband said. That Viserys was just using her for the Targaryen failure. Which would put the fate of Kings Landing and the Dragon Dynasty in great peril. Laenor saw the fear in her eyes. And he knew he had to do something quickly or else the wrath of the 7 gods would decide his family's fate. Laenor of course would train his son to be a knight and warrior just like his father did him.

"See look Aegon it's your young Nephew. Isn't he just adorable!"

Young Aegon looked at his nephew as if he was studying him. He then clapped for his big sister congratulating her on her pregnancy. Which made his father happy, but it didn't mean that his step-sister was even though she politely smiled. She was protectively holding her sleeping son as if she felt he was going to be snatched from her arms.

Laenor was holding his sleeping son while his wife slept. He succeeded at his first task from his vow. Giving Rhaenyra a true born son made of his blood. Now all he had to do was make sure that Rhaenyra was safe. If he could get help to persuade her father to get her off the Iron Throne before it was too late! Perhaps their was a chance his family wouldn't have to suffer the King's upcoming war that Hightower Queen would cause for nothing!!!