A Sister's Rest

Aegon-13, Helaena- 11, Aemond-10, Jacaerys-12. Lucerys-11. Joffrey/Baelon-9. Visenya/Rhaella-8. Valaena-7. Daella/Aemon/Alysanne-3.

It is now the year 127. At Driftmark, King Viserys I Targaryen and his entire royal court attend the funeral of Laena Velaryon, along with the devastated members of House Velaryon. Laena's uncle Vaemond Velaryon delivers the eulogy in High Valyrian. The ceremony ends with Laena's stone sarcophagus being dropped over a coastal cliff into the sea, to rest beside her ancestors.

The Siblings stayed close their mother and father and held hands together. As their Aunt was being dropped below the sea. With their uncle Vaemond delivering the eulogy in High Valyrian.

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as claim as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return."

The ceremony ends with Laena's stone sarcophagus being dropped over a coastal cliff into the sea, to rest beside her ancestors.

The bereaved court then gathers at a cliffside courtyard of High Tide castle for the wake, which is filled with long awkward silences and strained conversations: this event has forced Rhaenyra and Alicent Hightower's families to meet in one place again right after Rhaenyra removed herself from King's Landing to Dragonstone, due to the rumors after the birth of her children that some of her's and Ser Laenor's children are bastards.

But their was no proof, because some of them had Valyrian genes. Moreover, Laena's death has spurred Daemon to return to Westeros for the first time in a decade, along with his daughters by Laena who have never met the rest of their family. Also gathered at the castle for the funeral are all of the dragons currently bonded to riders (which are big enough to mount): Daemon's Caraxes, Rhaenyra's Syrax, Laenor's Seasmoke, Rhaenys's Meleys, Jacaerys's Vermithor, Visenya's Seafyre, and also Aegon's Sunfyre and Helaena's Dreamfyre. Laena's Vhagar, apparently bereaved, rests elsewhere on the dunes of the beach.

Rhaenyra was looking around for Laenor and their children. Making sure they stayed close and not near her half-siblings. They were not to be trusted and Jacaerys knew of this. Because he was already warned to keep watch of them. He and Lucerys were worried for their mother's safety just as their father was. In the corner of her eye she could feel the Queen and Ser Criston staring at her. She paid it no mind and went to see Jacaerys. Jacaerys then took his siblings to go see their cousins.

"Have you seen your father? Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word. I too have lost your late-grandmother by the same cause."

"I wouldn't know what to say."

"-Jace."

"I look nothing like them, Mother. The people think I am a bastard. They think I am Uncle Daemon's son."

"It wouldn't be appropriate if we had left now. The Velaryon's are our kin, you might look like me. But you have Velaryon blood coursing through your veins. Look at me. Do you understand? Go see to them. I'm going to get your father."

"Luce, Vissy. We have to go meet our cousins."

While Rhaenyra went to get Laenor, not paying any attention to Alicent and Ser Criston. Jacaerys went with his siblings to see the twins. Lots of people gossiped that Visenya would be betrothed to Aegon just like their Ancestors. But she would rather marry a different man than to be married to someone who was nothing like his namesake. Her uncle drinks and spends time at brothels. Their Ancestor united the realm of the six kingdoms with his two sister-wives, with their three great dragons. Vhagar, Meraxes, and Balerion.