Chapter 3

With each step he took away from Bonnie's room an unexplainable urge, a near crazed need filled Damon. He had a painful hard on which he just couldn't will away, and he was relieved when he saw Elena making her way down the corridor carrying a food tray and one of her short satin nightgowns. With a predatory gleam in his eyes and an almost sinister smirk on his lips, he flashed to her, grasped her, and then entombed them inside one of the vacant bedrooms.

"Damon!" Elena exclaimed out in surprise and annoyance. She looked down at the items she was holding to make sure nothing had spilled, just before Damon freed her of them, and set them upon a nearby table. "Stop it," She added as she pushed at his chest to still his actions. In reply he latched his mouth to her neck and sucked gently and nibbled with his blunt teeth. Elena instantly melted against him turning her head to give him better access. "Mmmmm," She moaned out as she now clutched at Damon to hold him close while his hands pulled and tugged at her clothes. "No, Damon..." She spoke in a hushed tone. Her words sounded like a protest and were in direct opposition to what her hands were doing as they pushed at Damon's clothes. "We can't do this right now."

"Sure we can," Damon huffed out as he moved back a bit to stare down into her eyes and at the same time unbutton her jeans. "Just need to be a little more naked," She smiled playfully as he quirked his brows.

"Baby, I need to get those things to Bonnie, make sure she's ok, and settled in..."

"Bonnie is probably soaking in a bath as we speak. Besides, I was knocked unconscious too don't you want to make sure I'm ok?" He threw out a pout and Elena rolled her eyes as a smile graced her lips. "C'mon, I'll be quick," He seductively coaxed.

"Not too quick," Elena replied arching a brow at him and then raised her arms so Damon could easily pull her shirt off. They fumbled their way to the nearby king sized bed, stripping as they went. When they finally crumbled atop the bed they were fully naked. Just as Damon was positioned to find the release he desperately craved he was hit with a wave of nausea, which had him scrambling to the attached bathroom. "Oh my God, Damon, are you ok?" Elena rushed into the bathroom after him and found him crouched over and dry heaving into the toilet. After a few seconds Damon's naked form flopped back as the weight of his suddenly clammy body rested against the side of the claw foot tub. "What's happening?" Elena asked but to no one in particular. She stared down at him truly frightened by what had just happened.

"I'm fine," Damon puffed out as he gulped in air that his body didn't really need.

"You're not fine Damon, you just got physically sick," Elena exclaimed.

"Probably just a side effect of whatever it was that happened to Bonnie and me. Tomorrow Bonnie will research this, find out what this is, and then we'll fix it. I just need to rest, I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning," He offered as a way to alleviate her fears, which resonated in her eyes.

"OK, well let me help you to your room and then I'll check on Bonnie," She said as she took a step forward and reached down to help him up. When her hand touched his bare arm the nausea arose within him again and he hurriedly moved back from her touch.

"No, I'm gonna just need to sit a moment more here, but you go check on Bonnie. If she's experiencing the same thing she's probably gonna need you more than I do right now," Damon stated and could tell by the way Elena's eyes widened at his words that her concern for Bonnie would get her to leave him be for a while.

"OK, once I have Bonnie settled I'll bring you up some blood," Elena replied as she turned to enter the bedroom and redress.

"Bourbon would probably make me feel even better," He said around a grin and Elena tossed him a grin back over her shoulder.