Chapter 8

She had spent the last half hour soaking her sore, tense body in a hot, soothing bath. Damon had interrupted her briefly from the other side of her bathroom door to inform her that he planned to take a shower in the other upstairs bathroom. Once she got out of the tub she took her time moisturizing her body with her favorite lotion that smelt of jasmine, while she sat with her damp curly hair falling across her shoulders and her petite frame wrapped only in a towel. Damon had just finished his shower and stood in the steam filled bathroom, leaning against the sink as he wiped the condensation from the overhanging mirror. He raked the fingers of his right hand through his wet hair and contemplated whether to let it air dry or not. Before he could make his decision he snapped his head towards the closed bathroom door and listened intensely. He had heard the breaking of glass a millisecond before Bonnie's scream touched his ears, and he was already rushing into her bedroom.

"What happened?" Damon asked as he held a trembling and crying Bonnie tightly in his arms, while letting his intense gaze scan the room for any intruders. Though his senses already told him they were the only two beings in the house. Bonnie just buried her face further against his bare chest and tightened her hold on him. "I can't make it better Bon-Bon if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"She was here...in the mirror," She finally mumbled out, her words needing no further explanation. Damon instantly knew who 'she' was as he cautiously cast his eyes to Bonnie's vanity mirror. "It should have been me but it wasn't my face...it wasn't my reflection at all."

"Did it...does it feel like she's trying to take control again?" He asked as he pulled from their embrace a bit so he could stare down into Bonnie's eyes, to better gauge if she was still there. Bonnie sniffled and she lifted her head a bit as she looked up at him with wet, tear filled eyes.

"No...she was just...just watching me," Bonnie replied and then stepped back further from Damon, realizing just how under dressed they both were. She wrapped her own arms around herself for comfort. "I thought we'd be safe in the house but maybe not."

"I think we're safe," Damon assured. "They can't take control otherwise they would have by now. But she's a witch 'and' she's your blood. So maybe those bloodties allowed her to project herself in the mirror."

"Damon we don't know for sure that she and I are even related," Bonnie commented only to have Damon scoff at her in a dismissive manner.

"I know for sure. Did she say anything?"

"No," She answered while shaking her head and hugging herself more tightly as she turned to look at the mirror. "She was just staring at me and it was like...like she was studying me."

"Good, I think maybe she's beginning to accept that you are one of her descendants, and I think that will help us get her and Darius out of us and to the other side."

"And what if they don't want to go to the other side? I mean I don't even know if they will go there and still be together on the same plane. I can't control where they go on the other side," Bonnie spoke out as she shivered a bit and rubbed at her arms.

"Look it's either the other side or we need to find two 'other' acceptable bodies for them to possess," He offered and though she contemplated the idea for a split second, Bonnie shook her head to it.

"I couldn't do that to someone else," She stated. "Being locked away in your own body...being awake but not being in control, God it's an awful feeling."

"Yeah it is," Damon agreed as he nodded his head, recalling the feeling. "So, we'll have to find a way to send them to the other side whether they want to go or not," He replied as he stepped to her. He reached out and rubbed his larger hands up and down her arms in a comforting manner. "We don't have any other choice because I don't want to stay in this house forever, even if I do enjoy the company I'm with," He smirked and garnered the smile from Bonnie he was hoping for. "So how hard will it be to, I don't know, conjure up...open the other side?"