✧5. Enrollment.✧

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Grim had his paws on his knees. He was way out of breath. "...Well?" You were also out of breath. Crowley really worked you to the bone. "Incredible... I've never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have. I must confess, my educator's intuition did sense something about you after the brouhaha at orientation, Yuu." You don't think he's telling the truth at all. "I could tell you had a certain animal trainer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh, yes. That said, I..." He trailed off, mumbling something to himself. 

"Would it be possible for Grim to stay with me?" Yuu interjected. "WHAT? A monster, stay HERE?" Crowley seemed offended. "Whoa, did you just...?" Grim seemed shocked. "Pleeaaaseee!" You smiled and gave him the puppy eyes. "Hmmm... I suppose I cannot deny your plea." Crowley sighed. "Very well." He finally decided. "Myah?! Really?" Grim smiled. "Let me be clear!" Crowley said strictly. "Under no circumstances would I admit anyone to Night Raven College who has not been selected by the Dark Mirror - especially not a monster! Nor do I intend to allow you, Yuu, to freeload until you're able to return home."

"And that brings me to you, miss Y/N." Crowley turned his attention to you. "Even though you are a female, I'm willing to let you enroll. You do seem to possess an aptitude for magic and after much deliberation, I've decided that NRC will have its first female student." He smiled at you. "My benevolence really does know no bounds!" He praised himself. "Oh, cool!" You smiled. You didn't really know what that meant but it's probably cool!

"Hrmph. Never shoulda got my hopes up..." Grim frowned, dejected. "Now, allow me to explain. It was the Dark Mirror that transported you here. Therefore this school does bear some responsibility for your well-being." Crowley's attention turned back to Yuu and Grim. "So I will allow you to remain in this dorm, free of charge." 

"However, you will need to pay for your own food, clothing, and incidentals. As to how you will do so, penniless as you are... Ah. Ah ha. Yes, a fine plan." He seemingly had an idea for Yuu and Grim. "What exactly are you planning to make me do?" Yuu crossed his arms. "You needn't seem so alarmed. I'm simply going to ask you to do a few odd jobs around campus. From what you've done here, Yuu, I can tell you know your way around a broom." He gestured to the foyer. "So what do you say to you two working together as a janitorial team? If you agree to that, I will make a special exception and allow you to remain on campus."

Crowley smiled. "I'll also allow you use of the library, so that you may study, and research ways to return home. How soundlessly charitable I am." Crowley put his hands on his hips. "Ah, but only when your work is over, of course!" Grim frowned and crossed his arms defiantly. "Whaaat? What kinda deal is that?! I wanna put on one of those sweet uniforms and be a student, not sweep up people's junk!"

A smile remained on Crowley's face. "If you're not satisfied with my offer, I can arrange to have you thrown out again." Grim looked shocked. "Myah?! ... All right, fine! Let's do it." Grim sounded defeated. "Fair enough." Yuu shrugged. "Wonderful. Then I beseech you both... To work hard as the newest members of the Night Raven College's janitorial staff!" The headmaster seemed to embellish the title.

After Crowley left, You and Yuu went separate ways to clean your rooms. You finished up cleaning your room, it was practically dust-free. Of course, the mildew smell was still there but you'd live. You plopped down onto the old mattress and cuddled into bed, taking one more moment to inspect your hands. 

.

.

It was a few hours later and you still weren't asleep. You didn't have a way to read the time but you were sure it was somewhere near midnight. You let out a sigh and walked downstairs to get some water. 

You grabbed a glass and filled it with water. You then went and sat down on one of the dusty lounge couches, looking at the nighttime sky. It was quiet and serene.

"Can't sleep?" A male voice questioned. You looked over and it was Yuu, who also apparently couldn't fall asleep. You shook your head 'yes' as Yuu sat across from you. It was comfortably silent. "...what's your world like?" Yuu asked. "It's... kind of lonely. I live in the ocean with my sisters." You looked down at your cup of water. "In the ocean?" Yuu questioned. You nodded your head. You probably shouldn't talk about it. You were sure that a boy wouldn't be too pleased to hear about you eating men. You should probably exit the conversation now.

You got up. "Goodnight." You smiled as you walked to the kitchen to put your cup away. Finally, you snuggled back into bed and fell asleep this time. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

A/N: SORRY IT'S KIND OF SHORT </3

𓆩⟡𓆪