✧19. Chestnuts.✧

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Ace jumped back from the scowling housewarden behind him. Riddle crossed his arms in immense disapproval. "Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!" Cater quickly tried to save himself. "Hmph. Cater, keep running that mouth and you'll lose it - along with the rest of your head." The redhead put his hand on his hip, his angered expression relaxed slightly. "Sorry, sorry! My bad!" Cater nervously fidgeted with a strand of his hair. "Myah?! You're the guy who put that stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!" Grim shouted with surprise and grabbed onto your arm for safety. He seems to have forgotten that you assisted in stopping his rampage, but whatever.

"And you're the new students who were nearly expelled yesterday." Riddle's eyes narrowed at you for a second. "And the female student who broke NRC's the tradition of an all boys' school." He gave you a very disapproving frown. "I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a 'stupid collar.' The headmage's habit of tolerating rulebreakers like you is going to send this entire campus spiraling into chaos one day." Riddle crossed his arms. "Those who break the rules should have their heads removed immediately, without exception." The redhead announced matter-of-factly. You feel the urge to punch him, but you probably really shouldn't.

"Dude, seriously? This guy looks like a wimp, but talks like a monster!" Ace frowned. Riddle shot him a glare. He was right about that. You were taller than this boy. Definitely stronger, too. Riddle looked as if a strong gust of wind could easily blow him away. You discretely sized the boy up. He looks like he has baby bird bones. "The headmage may have forgiven you, but if you break any further rules, I assure you I will not." Riddle announced with authority and placed a hand on his chest. Ace nervously smiled before speaking. "So, uh, listen, housewarden, sir... Any chance I could get you to remove this collar?" He pointed to the collar around his neck.

"I had intended to remove it once you'd taken an opportunity to reflect upon your crimes. But I've not detected so much as a hint of remorse in the foolishness I've heard you spout today." Riddle explained with a strict tone. "So I think I'll let you keep that for a while." Ace sighed sadly at this. "Don't worry. The freshman curriculum is more focused on magical theory than practice. And your inability to use magic will help prevent incidents along the lines of what happened yesterday. Now, if you've finished your meal, you should quit gossiping and prepare for your next class. Rule 271 is quite clear: '"One must leave the table within fifteen minutes of completing their lunch.'" He informed the group. He rested a hand on his magic pen. "You DO understand what happens to rulebreakers, I trust?"

Ace sighed. "More insane rules..." He mumbled. Riddle crossed his arms, his expression turning slightly angered. "I believe you mean to say, 'Yes, Housewarden!'" Ace and Deuce sat up straight. "Yes, Housewarden!" They both practically yelled. Riddle's expression relaxed. "Very well, then." Trey hesitantly smiled. "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them" He assured Riddle. "Hmm. As vice housewarden, I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation." Riddle nodded at Trey. Vice housewarden? Interesting. That's, like, second in command? "Now, as per rule 339... 'The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes.'" He recited. "Thus, I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell." Riddle began to walk away. "Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!" He muttered as he left.

Cater slouched. "Yeesh! That was terrifying." He twirled a piece of his hair in his fingers. Grim put his paws on his hips. "That guy... has some serious issues." He grumbled. Deuce crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hey, don't disrespect him!" The following silence allowed for your group to hear the discussion of another group of students. "Is the housewarden gone?" The first student asked, looking around. "I totally just broke rule 186, 'Never eat a hamburger on Tuesday.' I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me!" Another student stressed. He sighed. "... I wish he wouldn't come here so we could at least eat lunch in peace."