✧8. Ace.✧

──────

You, Grim, and Yuu were walking out to main street since that was where they were scheduled to start cleaning.

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!" Grim stared at the landscape with awe. "I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." He motioned to the seven statues that lined the street. They were pretty funky looking. Artistry is crazy. How do people even carve statues as detailed statues as these?

"Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." He motioned to a rather big woman who wore an angry face. Her plaque said "Queen of Hearts."

A random boy with ginger hair and red eyes poked out from beside the statue. "You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" He questioned. He had a bright red heart over his left eye. His uniform was similar to yours, except he wore pants and a red vest. You didn't know humans could come with orange hair! That's pretty cool! "Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim put his paws on his hips.

"She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step." The ginger explained. "She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim was surprised. "Pretty dramatic." You shrugged as you absent-mindedly stared at the statue, oblivious to the ginger's side-eye. "Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" This guy's kind of annoying. Maybe you just find men annoying. "Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong." Grim thought. "But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?" Grim questioned the ginger.

"Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!" Ace smiled at your group. "I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. That there's my far less interesting hench-human." He then motioned to you. "And that's my fangirl."

You deadpanned. "I am not." You stared down at him. "I'm Y/N." You gave him the friendliest smile you could, even though his presence was kind of irritating. "Yuu and Y/N"? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it." Wow. Okay. Fuck you too then. You allowed your mind to wander due to how boring this conversation was. 

As you let your mind wander about you better took in your surroundings. Earth is really pretty. You took note of the way you were being stared at by various boys, it made you feel awkward. 

It had been probably five minutes of this guy talking. You really wish he'd stop. "What is bro yapping about..." You mumbled, eliciting a smile from Yuu. Ace continued jabbering about each statue as he answered Grim's questions. "And that last one there, with the horns?" Grim pointed to the only statue that piqued your interest.

A human with horns. How interesting. She had a stoic look on her face. "That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mythical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses - even by the standards of these seven! She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale! She could even turn herself into a giant dragon."

Ah! A powerful woman! Good for her. "Ooh. a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Grim grinned happily. "Pretty cool, huh?" Ace smirked. "Not like some piddling weasel."