✧12. Return.✧

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley was shocked at our return. "Uh...? Yes?" Ace, Deuce, and Grim mumbled. "I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." Crowley smiled. Wow. he really had no faith in us. Grim put his paws on his hips. "Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" Crowley paused. "Monster"...?" The crow man furrowed his eyebrows behind his mask. "Yeah. There was a monster, all right." Ace nodded. "A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" He exclaimed. 

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?"

.

.

.

We were now in Crowley's office and we had finished retelling the story of what just happened. "Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines." Crowley looked at your group. "And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?" He questioned, a gloved hand resting on his chin. Ace averted his gaze. "I don't know that I'd call it "working together."' He mumbled. "It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..." Deuce added, equally as embarrassed.

Crowley was silent for a second. "Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh!" The headmage erupted into loud sobs. All of you were shocked. Why was this grown-ass man breaking out into sobs for no apparent reason? "What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!" Grim exclaimed. "In his grown age??" You added. All of these remarks were ignored by Crowley. "In all the decades I've worked at this school..." Crowley began, seemingly touched. "The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!" Crowley smiled.

"Whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Deuce took a step away from Ace. "Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?" Ace furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. This interaction made you snicker. Pretty funny how defensive they got. "At this moment, I am moved beyond words." Crowley dramatically put a hand on his heart."This incident has proven my hopes were justified. Yuu, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster!" Crowley smiled and directed his attention to Yuu. "A... A beastmaster?" Yuu repeated as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others." Crowley explained. You assumed that to be the case, given that you've met Ace and Deuce and you've seen the way they act when it comes to working with others. You secretly shot Ace and Deuce a look. "You make it sound like that's a bad thing." Grim put his paws on his hips. You deadpanned. Grim... That is a bad thing. "But you, Yuu, possess no magic. Yet in spite of that - or perhaps because of it - you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal." Crowley explained to Yuu. "The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what Night Raven College needs!"

Don't those words mean 'boring?' isn't that negative? "But... none of those words are good things?" Ace deadpanned. "Yuu..." The headmage continued. "I am convinced that people like you are necessary for the future of this school. My educator's intuition tells me so. Trappola, Spade - I hereby revoke your pending expulsions!" Crowley smiled. "Furthermore, Yuu... I am granting you the qualifications necessary to attend at Night Raven College!" He announced. That's a much more gratifying title than 'janitor' for Yuu. Good for him! You smiled at Yuu with a quiet "yay!" while Grim, Deuce, and Ace let out a surprised "What?!" Yuu's mouth hung open in awe. "As an actual student?!"