✧17. Carbonara.✧

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

P.E. was over rather quickly and you and your group were now walking through the halls to find where you had to be next. Deuce looked down at his phone. "Let's see, our next class is..." He murmured to himself. "This so-called magic academy feels a lot like a lame, ordinary school." Ace yawned before putting his arms behind his head. "It's not exactly what I expected, but at least this collar won't be much of a problem after all. You with me on that, Grim?" There was silence as you waited for the furballs' response, only for the response to never come. "...Hm?" You all looked at where Grim should've been. Yet again, your group seems to be lacking a certain chubby, fire-eared, furball. You furrowed your eyebrows. "How did he get away so silently...?" You frowned as you looked around the hall, he was nowhere to be found. "Huh? Where'd Grim go?" Yuu looked around too. 

Something in the courtyard suddenly caught Deuce's attention. "Oh! Look out the window! I just saw a ball of fur running across the yard!" And he was right. There, making his great escape, was the little cretin. "No way am I puttin' up with this boring routine day in and day out. I'm Grim, Sorcerer Prodigy, and I don't need no one to teach me how to blow stuff up!" The feline declared as he sprinted across the courtyard. "He's cutting class on the first day?!" Yuu exclaimed as he watched Grim run. "Boy, that guy is not a fast learner." Deuce shook his head. "Not a good look to lose one of your two students on your first day as prefect. Want help catching him?" The ginger looked at you slyly. Oh, he totally wants something in return. You can feel it. You squint your eyes at him in suspicious, before hesitantly speaking. "...Sure..." 

Ace smiled like the little shit he was. "I do love the chocolate croissants at the co-op." He glanced at Deuce, who now had a similar smile creeping onto his face. "I'd do it for an iced latte at the cafeteria." You gave both of them a look that said 'You've gotta be joking...' You thought Deuce was better than Ace! Smh. It really be your own friends. You crossed your arms and pinched the bridge of your nose, sighing exasperatedly. "Grim's getting away... Do we have a deal, or what?" Ace urged you. You'd just catch him yourself, but you suck at running and you barely know any magic. You don't know how you'll buy them their items, y'know, since you're poor. You frowned, heaving out a dramatic "fffffinneee!" while rolling your eyes with so much sass.

"Pleasure doing business. Now, Deuce, shall we clean up the mess made by the worst prefect to ever set foot on campus?" Ace still had that shit-eating smile on his face. "I can already taste that latte, Ace." He smiled. And with that, they were off! Y'know, they made a pretty good duo when they weren't antagonizing each other! They quickly made their way into the courtyard and detained the small creature. Ace used a net since he was collared. They practically made short work of Grim... You and Yuu followed behind the duo. Grim looked irritated as Ace handed him over to you. "Mrrah! I've had it with these boring classes!" He squirmed in your hold, trying to break free, but you kept your grip on the fuzzball. "Then you'll never become a great mage!" Yuu gently scolded the critter, you nodded your head in agreement. Grim stopped squirming, instead choosing to glare at Yuu. "UGH! When did you get all bossy?" He rolled his eyes. 

You sighed dramatically. "Oh, well! I guess Grim doesn't want lunch!" You shrugged, setting Grim down. "A shame, truly." Yuu joined in, placing a dramatic hand against his forehead. "Who will be there to eat all that food?" Ace dramatically held a closed hand in the air. "But... if he really doesn't want to go to school anymore..." Deuce frowned woefully. "Myah... food..." Grim looked distracted by the thought of food. Your group (minus Grim) began to walk to the cafeteria. "H-Hey!" Grim noticed the four of you had started walking away, he ran after you. "Myah... I changed my mind! Grim the Great never misses a meal!" He announced triumphantly as he jumped onto you to hitch a free ride. The boys began to talk to each other as you walked. You turned your attention to Grim, who was now sitting comfortably in your arms. He seemed so excited for a good meal, you couldn't blame him. Food sounds real good right about now. You scratched Grim on the head, he absentmindedly purred. Your heart nearly melted! So baby! So baby, so silly!