✧7. School.✧

──────

You woke up early in the morning. You had a way of telling the time, it was probably around 5:00 a.m.

"Urghh... my internal clock is messed up..." You groaned as you rubbed your tired eyes. This bed was so much softer than what you used to sleep on... mostly rocks.

There was a weird scent in the room. Kind of gross. It wasn't mildew this time, kind of smells like onions and nastiness. You sniffed around. It took you a few minutes to locate the source of the smell. "oh!" You smelled like major B.O. Must be a human problem. You've actually never sweat before. Probably cause' you lived in the water.

"How does a human take care of B.O...?" You thought out loud. Water is probably a component. You've seen humans use the public showers at the beach before so maybe it's like that. You sat up and forced yourself off of the warm bed.

You wandered out into the hallway and walked down the hall, looking at various closed doors. You were very confused. Where would a shower even be located? You started to open doors at random, many of the rooms you saw were filled with junk. "Hee hee hee... watcha doin' awake sooo eaarly...?" The medium ghost appeared next to you.

You looked at the ghost. Wait! A ghost has been a human before! "I need to shower. Where is it. How do I use it." You stared at the ghost, waiting for a response. He seemed surprised at your directness. "Please. I smell terrible." You frowned. "Eheheh... follow mee..." The ghost began to fly in a specific direction. You were kind of surprised that it would help you but were grateful nonetheless.

The ghost flies into a room and you follow him. The room was tiled and slightly broken down. There was what you recognized as a shower and some other stuff you didn't recognize. The ghost showed you how to turn the nob and use the shower. "ohh... I see!" You mumbled in understanding. You were surprised the ghost didn't do anything mischievous but you brushed it off. "Thank you... uhh... uhm... what was your name?" You felt kind of bad for not remembering the ghost's name.

"My name? Why, I don't remember! Hehe!" The ghost shrugged. "hmm..." You hummed. "Your name is now Blaise." You pointed at the medium ghost. The ghost seemed to think about it for a second before smiling. "Got a nice ring to it." Blaise happily disappeared.

It took you some more time to figure out how to shower but eventually, you were squeaky clean. Thankfully there was leftover product to wash with.

You dried your hair and wrapped yourself with a towel. You opened the door a crack and looked into the hallway, making sure nobody was there. You then quickly walked to your room.

When you stepped inside your room, a small package on your bed caught your attention. You walked over and opened the package. Within the package was a collection of items. Two pairs of underwear, a bra, a sleek black skirt adorned with a golden trim, a matching black suit jacket with the same golden trim on its lapel, and a grey vest detailed with gold accents. The package also included a white button-up shirt, a striped tie, a grey armband, a pair of Mary Jane shoes, and black thigh-high socks.

Tucked within the package were also two beautiful gemstones, one ornately crafted, and the other adorning a pen.

"This must be that uniform Grim was talking about." You thought out loud as you inspected the articles of clothing. They looked like high quality. You quickly put on the clothes (except for the tie, you don't know how to tie a tie.) and looked at yourself in the mirror. You looked pretty good! You never really wore clothes before since you didn't need to. You glanced at the fancy pen and the ornate gemstone. You didn't really know what they were for but you assumed they were important.

You brushed your hair as you walked out of your room, making sure you looked neat and tidy. You walked down the stairs and into the lounge, where Crowley, Yuu, and Grim were speaking with each other. "Your job today is to clean the campus. That said, the campus is vast, and without magic, it'd be quite the Herculean task to clean it all." Crowley spoke. "Therefore, today I'll have you focus on the area spanning from the front gates to the library. Now, Yuu..." His tone got serious. "I do expect that you'll keep a close eye on Grim, lest he cause another incident like yesterday." Yuu nodded. "Understood."

Crowley noticed your prescense. "Ah, miss Y/N! I trust everything fit well?" He gestured to your uniform. "Oh! Yeah! But uhm... what are these stones for?" You showed Crowley the fancy pen and the gemstone. "Those are magestones! The magic pen will help you with your spellcasting." He pointed at the Pen and then at the ornate gem. "Both of these will aid you in regulating your magic. Most students just pin it to their lapel." Crowley smiled. "Ohhh!" You exclaimed in understanding.

Crowley then handed you a piece of metal. A phone! "I've brought you this out of my immense generosity. It has your schedule and a map to find your classes." He showed you how to access your schedule and the map. "Thank you!" You stared down at the phone in awe. You've seen phones before but you've never had one! People rarely take them into the water with them, and when they do they always stop working.

Crowley turned his attention back to Yuu. "Do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria." He began to walk out the door. "I eagerly await the fruits of your labor." He smiled before shutting the front door. "Hrmph. I ain't cleanin' nothin'!" Grim growled and crossed his arms. "I'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW! FWOOM!" He gestured with his arms dramatically. "After we clean, we can study in the library." Yuu reasoned with Grim, only to recieve a sassy "Hrmph." From the feline.

"Yuuuu" You caught Yuu's attention. "Yeah?" You held up your tie. "I don't know how to tie a tie... please help." You frowned as you held up the tie. "Yeah forsure!" Yuu grabbed the tie from your hand and walked towards you. He quickly tied the tie around your neck, teaching you how as he did it. "I see... Okay! Thank you!" You smiled at Yuu.

You grabbed your spare magestone and pinned it to your lapel. You then grabbed you magic pen and your phone and slid them into your pants pocket. You were now ready for school!

──────

𓆩⟡𓆪