✧15. Cater.✧

──────

It was bright and early. You were, yet again, woken up by the sound of knocking on the door. You felt a little too warm. You felt something move behind you. Oh! Right! Ace was in your bed. You forgot. Not only was he in your bed, but he had his arms wrapped around you. That must've been why you felt so warm. Someone knocked on the door again. You should really get up and see who it is.

You were practically trapped in Ace's arms, but you managed to wiggle out. A few more knocks rang out, this time they woke Ace. "Duuude... Who is pounding on the door at this hour...?!" He rubbed his eyes. "Let's go find out." You motioned for Ace to get up and follow you. "Yeah, yeah, I'm getting up." The ginger responded with sass.

You walked down the stairs, Ace following behind you. You opened the door and were met with Deuce. He looked like he was about to say something but he froze. He blushed at the sight of your figure. Since you were only wearing shorts and a (sloppily) buttoned button-up, parts of your body were left exposed. He cleared his throat in an effort to seem normal and like he totally wasn't blushing. "I-I figured I'd find you here." He spoke to Ace. "Ugh. Deuce..." The ginger groaned. "Hi, Deuce!" You chirped and waved at the boy. "H-Hey." He awkwardly waved back to you before he spoke to Ace again. "So, you ate the housewarden's tart." He crossed his arms in a sassy manner. "You really are an idiot, Ace."

You slowly walked away as the two boys spoke. You needed to get ready for school. As you walked back up the stairs to your room, you noticed Yuu emerging from his room. "Morning!" You smiled at him. He smiled back and waved to you "Morning." You went through the motions of your morning routine. Mainly just getting dressed and then brushing your hair. You walked downstairs. The boys were waiting for you in the lounge. "Took you long enough." Ace began walking to the front door. "C'mon, I wanna get this over with..." The ginger grumbled.

"Move it! Outta the way!" Grim happily marched down main street. "Night Raven College student comin' through!" He cheered before turning to Ace. "Oh? Did my collar catch your eye? It's way better than the one you're stuck with! You know, the one that makes it so you can't use magic? But hey, the school could always use another janitor! Bwahahaha!" The feline cackled and pointed at Ace. Yuu deadpanned at Grim. "Way to take the high road, Grim." Ace crossed his arms. "Trust me Grim, when I get my magic back, your hide is first up on the chopping block!"

"Didn't the headmage JUST tell you yesterday, no more incidents?" Deuce deadpanned at Ace. "Regardless, you're not going to be able to participate in class if you can't use magic. So why not just apologize to the housewarden? It's a small price to pay for having the collar removed." Deuce reasoned with the ginger. Ace tugged at the collar around his neck. "Aaaaargh! I hate this so! SO! Much!" He grumbled. "Hmm. Ya know, we do still have some time to kill before class starts. And I am kinda curious about the other dorms. Guess I'll go along and scope out the place while you make with the groveling." Grim happily chimed in. "Oooh! Yeah! That would be cool!" You smiled. You wanted to see more of the world since you're finally getting the chance.

"Since when did this become a field trip?!" Ace frowned as our group walked to the Hall of Mirrors. You walked through a specific mirror titled 'Heartslabyul'.

The scenery was so pretty. There was a large red, black, and white building. It had several heart motifs. There were various bushes and flora, predominately, heart-shaped rose bushes. The roses reminded you of Demeter. "Dang, this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm." Grim smiled as he looked around. You gasped jokingly. "Our dorm is a work in progress!" Ace lead your group into a maze of rose bushes. There were several rose bushes, some were white, others looked like they had been painted red. You thought that was odd.