✧11. Monster.✧

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

You walked downstairs and outside to investigate the loud noise and were met with Yuu, Ace, Deuce, and Grim full-on sprinting out of the mine with a look of terror on their faces. "Woah! Dude, what happened?" You walked towards them, noticing visible injuries on the boys. "This should be far enough, I think?" Grim panted. "There was a monster in there!" Yuu panted as he pointed to the mine. "It attacked us...!" You furrowed your eyebrows and squinted in an effort to see something in the dark of the mine, but ultimately weren't able to see anything. "Owww... What was that thing? No one said there'd be anything like that!" Ace groaned.

"That was no normal ghost, that's for sure." Deuce grimaced. "Let's just give up and go home. I'll happily take the expulsion if it means never having to fight that thing again." Ace groaned and rubbed the back of his head where he apparently was hit. "What?! Nuh-uh, not happenin'! I'd rather die than get expelled from Night Raven! How can you give up when the stone is right there?" Deuce frowned and motioned to the mine. "Pfft. Big talk from someone who's not even half the mage I am. You want that stone so bad, go get it yourself. I'm out." Ace began to walk away. "Oh YEAH?! Fine, go back to your coop, you big chicken!" Deuce suddenly yelled at Ace.

Woah. Why did bro go from a 5 to a 10, damn. "Whaaaaat?! Who're you callin' chicken, huh?!" Ace turned around and crossed his arms. "Whoa, Deuce... Is it just me, or did you, like, turn into a totally different person just now?" Grim looked at Deuce, confused. "Huh?" Deuce coughed. "Sorry... Lost my cool for a second there." Deuce sighed as he brushed his pants off. It was silent for a second before Yuu spoke up. "So now what?" Yuu looked around. "Can't you guys just blow that thing up with magic?" Grim crossed his arms. "Using magic at a greater scale, or using different types of magic - those things require training." Deuce explained. 

"Yeah, that's why magic academies exist. It takes a lot of training before you can snap your fingers and turn your thoughts into magic. And the more flustered you are, the more likely you are to make mistakes." Ace put his hands on his hips. Ohh... That's why those ghosts disappeared when you screamed at them! When you screamed, you were scared and were imagining them disappearing! Which they did! "Oh, I'd assumed spellcasting just came naturally." Yuu shrugged. "Nope, although if the magic's your specialty, you can use it more intuitively." Ace explained. 

"Anyway, we need to find some way to defeat that creature and get the magestone." Deuce declared. Ace snickered. "Yeaaaaah. Just like the time with the chandelier, right? You "found some way," and now here we are." He rolled his eyes. "We just fought that thing and it creamed us. So what exactly is your plan here, genius? Because I sure don't trust you to improvise!" And with that, Deuce and Ace began to argue and bicker like siblings. It was really getting on your nerves. You were so mentally tired from today and this constant arguing was pissing you off. Your head was starting to hurt too, and Ace and Deuce's rising volume was not helping.

"...Oh my GOD. Can the both of you shut the fuck up?!" You yelled at the two with a slight growl in your tone. Ace and Deuce gasped at your profanity. All of the boys were silent. "Whoa, that was harsh. Where'd that come from?" Grim mumbled. "Why don't we just... Oh! I don't know... Work together? Is it really that hard? Can't you just put your pride aside for one second?" You scowled and crossed your arms. "Me? Work together with Loosey-Deucey? No way. He'd get me killed!" Ace crossed his arms. "Like it'd be some treat for me to work with you?!" Deuce frowned and put his hands on his hips. You pinched the bridge of your nose and sighed. "Okay. So, why don't we form a plan and all work together?" You put your hands on your hips. 

"A proper plan? Like some kinda buddy move? Is that a joke? You always say the lamest things with the straightest face, Y/N." Ace rolled his eyes. "Agreed. No way could I work together with him." Deuce crossed his arms. "Yeah, but... Gettin' expelled on the first day... That's pretty lame too. Maybe even lamer." Grim added, making a good point. Both Ace and Deuce paused. "W-well..." Ace mumbled and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, there's nothing cool about that!" Yuu crossed his arms. "Gah... Fine. Let's just get this over with, then. All right, Y/N. What's the plan?" Everyone turned to you.