Part 9

Stolas's hands tremble as tears streamed down his cheeks, "B-Blitz. . .? Blitz, speak to me, darling. . ." his voice shook as he held the imp close.

"Well, well. Bullseye! Haha!!" Striker cackled as he revealed himself, "Now hand over my bounty."

The owl only embraced the imp more, "I will do no such thing! Fuck off!!" as he backed away.

A smaller imp then appeared and sliced Striker in half with a giant battleaxe.

"M-Millie? How did you know we were in danger?" Stolas questioned.

Moxxie then showed up right behind her, "She insisted she had a feeling once she heard the echo of a gunshot. I guess it's a good thing we came. Are you alright, your highness?"

"Yes, I'm fine. But Blitz. . .he's been shot. H-He won't wake up and I think his pulse may be low. . ." the owl spoke with worry.

Millie gasped and immediately dropped her axe as she ran to Blitz's aid, "He needs to get to the hospital, now! We can't patch this up ourselves."

The prince opened up a portal for them that placed them right outside the hospital entrance.

"Here. . ." Stolas said as he handed over Blitz to Millie, "I don't want to cause a ruckus and have paparazzi getting any photographs of him in this state. Just let me know how he is, would you?"

"Of course, your highness." Moxxie replied as he followed behind Millie into the hospital.

Blitz was rushed to the back and went to immediate surgery.

Millie and Moxxie stayed the whole time in the waiting room.

They also informed Loona who came rushing through the entrance, "WHERE IS HE? WHERE'S MY DAD!?" the hellhound cried.

Millie stood up and took her by the hands, "He's in surgery, hon. We should know somethin' soon. Come sit down for now." she spoke softly.

Millie leaned on Moxxie as Loona sat in the chair with her knees to her chest and her tail wrapped around herself.

Several hours had passed and still nothing was heard.

Meanwhile, Stolas had gone back to the palace and waited almost impatiently for the text from M&M.

"Dad! Loona told me what happened. Are you alright?" Octavia asked sincerely.

"I'm fine, Via. . . I just don't understand. Why did Striker come for Blitz and not me?" Stolas spoke.

Octavia hugged her father as she said, "I don't know, but I'm just glad you're alright. I don't know what I would've done if. . ."

The prince held her tightly, "I know, starfire. . . But I'm okay. I'm just worried about Blitz. I still have yet to hear anything back on his condition. . ." as he checked his phone once more.

"How about you come have dinner with me? I know you probably don't have much of an appetite, but you have to eat something." the princess said as she took her father by the hand and drug him to the kitchen.

The pair got some leftovers from the night before and sat at the dining table.

"Hello, Stolas, dear!" Stella said delightfully as she entered the dining room and gave the tall owl a kiss on the cheek.

Octavia's eyes widened with surprise as she watched her mother leave the room.

". . .should I be concerned?" Stolas said in complete and utter shock.

"If we're truly not in another dimension, then yes." the princess responded.

The tall owl then stood up and went to confront the swan, "Stella, what's the meaning of this??"

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" Stella replied softly.

Stolas appeared rather confused, "You're being. . .kind."

"Well, you're still my husband after all. Why shouldn't I express my undying affection for you?" Stella spoke.

"Last I checked, the affection didn't even have the chance to wither." Stolas said nonchalantly.

The swan clenched her fists for only a split second before grabbing the owl's hand, "Let's go to your room, shall we?" as she drug him along.

"St-Stella! Wait!" the owl spoke along the way.

Once they got to the prince's room, the swan shoved the owl onto the bed and slammed the door shut.

She then removed her dress and only had on black lacey lingerie as she approached the end of the bed.

Stolas's eyes immediately widened at the sight before him, ". . .Stella?"

"How about you and I make another egg, darling?" the swan insisted as she crawled onto the prince.

The prince was obviously a nervous wreck as he said, "I-I, heh, I'd r-rather not, Stella, heh. . ." and tried backing away.

Stella then brought out a pair of cuffs, "That wasn't exactly a question." as she began trying to form them onto him.

"Stella, no!" the owl objected.

The swan didn't listen.

"I SAID NO!!" Stolas shouted and ended up kicking Stella off him and onto the floor.

He then fled the scene and locked himself in the bathroom.

W-What was that. . .!? Never in all our years of marriage has she ever. . . First Andrealphus and now her? What is happening. . .? I wish I could speak to Blitz. . . I hope he's alright. . .

- End of part 9