Part 12

"You don't know!? What does that mean???" the princess spat in confusion.

Stolas sighed, almost painfully, "There's quite more to it, Via. . . I'm in a bit of a bind and. . . J-Just try not to worry too much about it, starfire. I-I can handle it."

The tall owl reassured his daughter, but she could clearly tell by the expression on his face that something was wrong. Something he wasn't wanting to say.

"Dad. . .you're scaring me." the princess admitted.

"Everything will be alright, starfire." Stolas spoke softly as he went off to his bedroom.

Once he shut the door, he lost it.

He slid down the door and broke down completely.

I just want to be with Blitz. . .
I wish I had never been born a Goetia. . .

The prince cried for a good while.

He then forced himself up and took his depression medication.

He even took an extra dose for good measure.

I can't allow myself to fall apart. . . Not yet. I have to put things in order.

The prince tended to his plants as always. Making sure they were well watered and all.

He organized his books and paperwork and placed specific ones into a box labeled Octavia.

He cleared out his bathroom and closet of all personal items and placed them into boxes as well.

As he went through his desk, he came across an old drawing Blitz had done for him a while back.

It was of the two of them on a horse with little hearts all around them. It was so horribly drawn that it looked like a child had done it, but Stolas loved and adored it anyway.

He ever so carefully folded it up and placed it into his pocket.

Stolas hadn't realized, but several hours had passed.

The sun was up and now glaring through the balcony glass doors.

Stella then walked in with a scoff, "What have you been doing all night, Stolas!? Fucking multiple different imps, perhaps!? You've been causing an awful lot of noise in here!!" she squawked.

Stolas let out a sigh, "Just, cleaning up, Stella. Nothing more."

"Good!" she spoke harshly, "Don't forget our business later today! I expect you there on time. Do NOT be late."

"Wouldn't dream of it, Stella." the owl spoke almost sarcastically.

The swan then stormed out and slammed the door behind her.

Stolas took in a sharp breath as he removed his royal cloak, "I'm sorry, my owlet. . . But this must be done. . ." as he carefully placed it at the end of his bed along with a letter labeled, Starfire.

Stella had already left the palace and met up with a crew, "I assume you have everything prepared and ready to go by now!"

"Of course, your highness." Crimson replied with a sly grin.

Stolas was about to head out himself, but not before seeing his daughter.

"Via darling. I'm gonna go out for a bit. I've got some important work to tend to for the day. How about you go meet up with Loona at the hospital? Keep Blitz company for a bit. Maybe you and Loona could go out shopping." Stolas said softly.

"Alright, sure." the owlet replied.

The tall owl embraced his daughter gently as he placed a kiss on her head, "Could you also give this to Blitz for me? I would do it myself, but I'm not too sure when I'll get to see him next. And it's rather important to him." as he handed her a small velvet box.

"What is this? Some sort of shitty, sneaky proposal?" Octavia questioned as she held the box.

Stolas let out a small laugh, "No, starfire. But let him be the one to open it. He'll understand once he sees it."

The princess raised a brow, "Umm, alright. Whatever you say, dad."

The owl held her close one more time, "I love you, Via."

"I. . .love you too, dad? Are you okay?" the owlet asked awkwardly.

"Yes, I'm fine, heh. Just a bit nervous for this meeting is all." as he broke the embrace, "Be careful, darling." as he left through the palace doors and then opened up a portal to where he needed to be.

"My, my! Who would've guessed I'd have two royals before me like this! And all over a stupid imp, might I add." Crimson spoke with a cackle.

Stolas let out a huff, "Let's get this going already, shall we?"

"Aren't we eager." the mafia boss laughed.

Stella then placed a case onto the table.

One of Crimson's sharks opened it up and revealed inside a celestial gun.

"What a beauty!" Crimson gazed at the shiny new weapon before him.

"Yes, now that you've seen it, get on with the mission and kidnap the low-life imp, bring him here, and allow me to personally blow his hideous head off!!" Stella hollered in a rage.

Stolas almost seemed afraid. Or it was just his trauma response kicking in at the sight of Stella lashing out that way.

Crimson and his sharks then headed out and hopped in the helicopter.

The swan then approached the owl, "Once that imp is out of the way, you'll have no other reason but to remained married to me. After all, it is the only way to be sure I get exactly what I need out of the Goetia name. Or, I suppose you could always marry my brother. I believe you did have a bit of a crush on him in the beginning of our arrangement, haha!"

Stolas simply rolled his eyes, "There'll be no need for any changes. Everything will go exactly according to plan." he spoke rather calmly.

About an hour passed, and Crimson had returned with their little imp.

As well as a couple of extra beings.

The sharks dragged in the tide up imp and slammed him down in the middle of the floor.

"URG!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOUT!?!? IF YOU'RE STILL AFTER MOXXIE, YOU AIN'T GETTIN' HIM!!" Blitz shouted and growled.

They then tossed a tide up hellhound and owlet along beside him with their mouths taped shut.

Stolas's feathers immediately ruffled, "Why do you have the girls!? This WAS NOT part of the deal!!"

"They just happened to be there with him and were causin' a scene! So we had no choice but to bring 'em along!" Crimson snapped back.

"St-Stolas. . .?" Blitz spoke, wondering if he was just having another one of his night terrors again.

The owl glanced at the imp shamefully.

"Bring 'em to the ring!" the mafia imp instructed the sharks.

The shark goons then carried the tied up imp as he thrashed about, trying to break free, "PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN!! - STOLAS! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN' ON!?!?" he imp shouted.

The owl couldn't bear to watch.

He then went over to his owlet and caressed her cheek softly, reassuring her with a glance that everything would be fine.

Octavia gave him a pleading look as tears streamed down her face.

Stolas then quickly placed a protection spell over the girls before leaving them and following Stella and the crew to the ring.

Finally, Octavia was able to chew off the tape on her mouth and spit it out, "DAD!! PLEASE!!" she pleaded, "I READ YOUR LETTER! DON'T DO THIS!!" she cried wholeheartedly.

The tall owl almost begun to cry himself before he turned back around to the owlet, "I have to, starfire. You'll be alright, darling."

He then finally left and headed to the ring with the others.

- End of part 12