Part 10

After about an hour of hiding, Stolas peaked out to see if Stella was gone.

To his relief, she was.

He did however find a note placed on his bed that read:
Stolas, if you do not remain married to me or marry Andrealphus, I'll have no choice but to take drastic measures into my own hands.
Your wife, Stella

Stolas then burnt the letter into ashes.

For fucks sake. . . Why must everything be so difficult. . .

He then heard a ping from his phone.

It was a text from Millie that read:
Blitz is okay! He's out of surgery now. They said he lost a lot of blood and will need a lot of time to recover, but he'll be just fine, your highness.

The owl sighed with complete relief.

Back at the hospital, Loona stayed by Blitz's side as soon as he got his official room.

Millie spoke, "There's no tellin' when he'll wake up, hon. You should get some sleep."

"No! I'm staying up!" the hellhound argued as she stayed at the unconscious imp's bedside.

Millie knew there was no changing her mind and left the room with Moxxie to go grab some food and catch up on some sleep.

Loona then began to cry, "Please. . . Don't leave me, dad. . ."

Unfortunately due to all the blood loss Blitz had endured, he slipped into a coma for a couple of months.

Stolas visited him every week and brought a new plant for his room. He'd even sit by his bedside and read to him for a couple hours.

Sometimes, he'd even stay the night and sing a tune for him while rubbing his head.

During these months, Loona fell deep into a depression. She even attempted suicide a couple of times, but luckily, Octavia was there for her each time. As well as Millie and Moxxie.

Octavia had Loona move into the palace so she wouldn't have to be alone at the apartment. Stolas didn't mind at all of course.

Stella on the other hand was not happy one bit.

"WHY IS A DAMN HELLHOUND STAYING IN THE PALACE!?!?" Stella squawked.

"There's my bitch of a mom." Octavia remarked.

Stolas sighed, "Blitz is still in a coma. The hellhound, Loona is his daughter and has been alone at home quite long enough. Until Blitz's situation gets better, she'll be staying with us in one of the guest rooms. If you have any issues, you take it up with me. Understood?"

Stella only scoffed as she stormed out of the room.

"I can't believe the two of you are still staying married. How is that suppose to work if you want to marry Blitz later on?" the owlet questioned.

The prince remained silent for a moment. "Via. . . There's always a chance he won't even wake up. . . He can't stay on life support forever." he explained with a frown.

"So, say he doesn't wake up. You're still going to stay with mom!?" Octavia asked.

"You're mother, she's making some threats. . . And if Blitz never wakes up then, I don't have much of any other reason to divorce her I suppose." Stolas spoke.

Octavia was surprised, "Except, you do! She's awful to you, dad! I don't want to see you continue to go through everything she does to you! You don't deserve it! Not one bit of it!" the princess objected wholeheartedly.

"Via, darling. I know you care for me, but there's nothing that can be done really. I'm just trying to figure out to do what's best. . ." the prince explained.

"Then how about start doing what's best for you, for once! Be selfish, dad! You're always thinking of others before yourself! Always thinking of me! I just. . . I want you to be able to have what you want. . ." Octavia cried.

"STOLAAAS!!" the swan hollered from her studies.

Stolas sighed as he immediately went to her call, "Honestly, I don't know what's worse. . . Her squawking at me everyday, or trying to fuck me for another egg!"

Octavia couldn't help but form a disgusted expression after hearing that.

"What is it, Stella?" the owl huffed.

"It seems a low-life imp has executed my main assassin." the swan spoke.

Something inside the prince snapped, "Don't EVER speak of Millie that way!!"

"Oh, I see. One of your pathetic little imp friends." Stella scoffed, "Honestly, Stolas. Grow a backbone. Have some class."

"URG!! DO YOU EVER SHUT UP!?" Octavia shouted as she entered the room suddenly.

Stella only glared, "I see. So you've turned my own daughter against me as well! She'll never be a successful Goetia following in your footprints!"

"MY DAD IS PROBABLY THE MOST AMAZING GOETIA THERE IS! UNLIKE YOU!" Octavia argued, "At least he's been there for me! At least he's always there the moments I've truly needed him the most! Never ONCE HAVE YOU BEEN THERE FOR ME AT ALL!!" the princess shouted loudly as her feathers ruffled about.

Stolas was taken aback by his daughter's courage to defend him.

Stella then stood up firmly, "Be careful, Octavia. You do not want to get on my bad side! Or you may end up like your poor father in the future."

The tall owl immediately snapped, "Excuse me!? YOU WILL NOT DARE LAY A HAND ON VIA!" as he swiftly placed himself between the two birds.

For once, Stella actually coward before Stolas. He was quite in a rage that she had never witnessed before.

Finally, it became silent.

Stolas somewhat calmed himself as he gently took Octavia by the hand and left the room with her.

He slammed the door so harshly behind him that the formed several cracks in the wall around the hinges.

Once the pair made it to the kitchen, the owlet dropped to her knees and just entirely broke down as she sobbed into her hands.

"Oh, Via. . ." the prince spoke with worry as he knelt down beside her and held her close.

Octavia cried wholeheartedly on her father as he simply continued to comfort her for as long as she wanted.

After a while, the owlet finally had calmed down some, "I love you, dad. . ."

"I love you too, my starfire." the tall owl replied with a warm smile.

"I'm gonna go check in on Loona before heading to bed." Octavia spoke.

Stolas softly wiped the tears from her cheeks, "Alright. If you need me, I was going to stop by the hospital to see how Blitz is doing, if you're okay with me leaving for a bit."

"That's okay. I may stay up with Loona for a bit anyways if she wants." the owlet replied as she hugged her father and left to go to Loona.

Stolas collected himself a bit before opening a portal that led him right into Blitz's room.

It appeared his condition was still the same as last time, unfortunately.

The owl knelt down by the imp's bedside as he rested his arms and head on the bed near his beloved imp's hand.

Oh, Blitzy. . . I hope you wake up soon. . .

Once the owl grasped the imp's hand, one of his fingers ended up making a small twitch.

The prince immediately sprung up, "B-Blitzy. . .?"

- End of part 10