Chapter 2

(Jessica Pov)

May-26th-2019
Miami📍

~Messages~

Jessica: Ik we didn't hang out much last night but I had a lot of fun we both did

Jessica: Valerie was really excited, thank u, I mean it 😁

Jessica: Seriously had a fucking great time to and she was so happy when she met Ariana, I don't know how I'm going to repay the both of u

~Messages end~

I lay on my hotel bed looking over at Valerie who is getting ready to head out. I smile to myself, thinking how I was going to make her day even better.

Valerie: "Hey Jess!! Did you bring a hairbrush, cause I can't seem to find mine, I swear I packed one."

Jessica: "Ya, I umm did, it should be in my suitcase."

Valerie: "Thank you, you're a lifesaver!!"

I was ready for our week in Miami, to start off our summer break. I was going to make the best of it and pull up the courage to ask out her before we leave and tell how I feel.

Jessica's thoughts: "You planned this and there is no way I'm going to let that guy take her from me." I was determined.

But something did feel off from yesterday with Faith, we don't text as often as before and she felt distant since we first met.

Jessica's thoughts: "I hope she is doing okay, ya she Faith the toughest person I know she can handle anything."

I left my phone on the bed and got ready to have a fun day out with Valerie, and I was really hoping that she wouldn't want to go to the beach today. I'm not that insecure about myself, I just forgot to pack a bikini, I know it's freaking Miami who the hell forgets to bring a bikini with them.

~40 minutes later~

Jessica: "Is this your first time coming to Florida?" I nervously ask.

Valerie: "Nope, it's my 3rd time actually, the first time was to Disney world when I was like 11, second time was with some my friends but that was for a school trip, so technically it's my first time I can actually enjoy it without having to sneak away from the teachers." She giggles.

Jessica: "Wow you travel a lot, this is my first time actually going out of state."

Valerie: "Really!?"

Jessica: "Ya, never found a reason why to travel, I love my place and my work." I chuckled nervously. "Mostly don't like to leave my comfort zone."

Valerie: "Well it's always good to leave your comfort zone at times."

Jessica's thoughts: "She isn't wrong about that, I'm just not great with making friends."

Since I got out of foster care I've only made 2 friends, that's Faith and Valerie. The problem is not making friends is getting attached to them too quickly, I learned to just keep to myself. Faith I still love her, but she's not for me, and that's why I'm going to get my shit together and ask her out.

Valerie: "Fuck that smells soo fucking good!!"

I could smell the food as well and it was at a nearby restaurant down the street.

Valerie: "Come on, let's check it out, we haven't eaten breakfast yet."

Restaurant📍