Chapter 7

(Jessica pov)

June-15th-2019
Los Angeles📍

~Phone call~

Jessica: "How are you holding up?"

Faith: "Been worse if I'm being honest, I'll be fine, promise."

Jessica: "I hope so, you're like all over social media, getting into a fight with those fans."

Faith: "Please don't remind me, I have enough on my mind to think about right now."

Jessica: "Sorry, I'm having a hard time knowing my friend is going through shit and I'm just not there for her, you know."

Faith: "I got Ariana, I'll be fine and her friend, well our friends, I'm not as tough and cold hearted as you think I am."

Jessica: "Or as badass." I giggle.

Faith: "Or that, seriously thank you for caring about me I really appreciate it."

Jessica: "It's what friends are for."

Faith: "I have to go, her concert is going to start soon."

Jessica: "Okay well tell her I said hi."

Faith: "I will bye."

Jessica: "Bye."

~Call ended~

Jessica's thoughts: "I'm glad she'd be doing better." I smile to myself.

I wish I could say the same to myself. It's been 2 weeks since I've seen Valerie. Each time she tries to call or message me I just ignore her. I think to myself like what if I didn't confess to her, but I shouldn't because I would regret myself more if I didn't tell her.

Jessica's thoughts: "I'm just a bit of an idiot who falls for any girl who shows any interest in me." I sigh.

Later in the day I hear a knock on the door. I didn't think too much about it and ignored it. But whoever it was just kept on knocking and knocking.

Valerie: "Jessica it's me can you please open up!! It's me Val, Jessica please can we just talk?"

Jessica's thoughts: "How did she right out where I lived!?"

I realized she came over one day to pick me up because I needed to get to work and my car was in the mechanics.

Jessica's thoughts: "If you just ignore her she'll go away."

10 minutes go by and the knocking stops and I look through the little peeping hole and she's not there.

I wait a little longer before opening the door. I expected her to be gone but she's sitting right next to the door waiting for me.

Valerie: "Jessica!?"

Jessica's thoughts: "Fuck me!!" I hurry back inside.

Valerie: "Jess, I just want to talk, for whatever reason you don't want to see or talk to me, I'm sorry."

Jessica's thoughts: "I just don't want things to be awkward now that she knows I liked her for so long, how am I supposed to look at her when I still…"

Valerie: "Jess?"

I open the door and look at her anxious and nervous.

Valerie: "Hey." She nervously smiles.