lies and tells (2/2)

You woke up with swollen eyes and a puffy face. Your head was pounding like a car had run you over. It only got worse when your phone won't stop buzzing, flooding your Home Screen with text messages.

[Y. Jeongyeon]
Hey... I don't know what happened between you and Jihyo, but we're all guessing it's really bad. Jihyo can't do anything right and PD-Nim is mad at her for not being focused enough.

[Y. Jeongyeon]
She's being sent home by PD-Nim.

[Y. Jeongyeon]
Would you stop by our dorm and check on her?

[K. Dahyun]
Hey, what's going on? I've never seen Jihyo unnie like this before

[I. Nayeon]
Ya! What did you do to Jihyo?! Why is she acting like you two are broken up?!

[S. Chaeyoung]

hi, hey, um... remember when i first met you and told you that if you ever hurt jihyo unnie, i'll beat you up? that's what i'll do if you don't answer us right now!

You sighed. You really don't want to deal with this right now. But before you could type a reply to one of them, your phone started ringing.

"Hey, Tzuyu."

"Hi." The younger woman cleared her throat, "you weren't replying to the unnies' texts, so they have me called you."

"What do you need?"

"Jihyo unnie is really in a bad shape... we're all hoping you can go and check on her."

"I'm sorry, Tzuyu-ah... We're over. I shouldn't even be talking to you right now. She's strong, she'll get through this. I need to go now."

You hung up before Tzuyu could say anything. You are hurting, too. The girls are acting like you aren't affected, but you did this to protect Jihyo and the girls. They worked hard to build their careers, you can't be the one who destroys it.

You walked out of the elevator and you immediately heard a familiar voice. A voice that is way too familiar.

"Baby," Jihyo called out softly in her nasally voice.

You looked around to make sure no one suspicious was around. "Jihyo, what are you doing here? Jeongyeon told me you were being sent back to your dorm."

"I know you won't open the door if I just came knocking, so I waited for you here. You go for a run everyday in the late afternoon."

"Let's talk inside." You led Jihyo into the apartment and she stood by the door anxiously.

You put down your earphones and stood by the kitchen island while Jihyo sat on the couch, playing with her fingers nervously.

"Jihyo..." You started, but Jihyo cut you off.

"I know you don't want me anymore," Jihyo said, and tears quickly rolled down her cheeks. You felt your heart strings being tugged. "But I know you still love me. If you don't like anything about me, I can change! I'm not much but I'm all I have and I gave it all to you. Baby, please don't leave me? I can't do this..."

Jihyo walked over to you in large strides and latched onto you. The sudden contact made you wince, which got Jihyo's attention.

"What was that? Did I hurt you?" Jihyo wiped her tears and pulled the sleeves of your windbreaker up, revealing your bruised arms.

You tried covering the bruises up, but Jihyo wouldn't let go of you. "How did you get those?" Now Jihyo was really starting to get suspicious.

"I fell."

"Fell down on what?!"

"Look, it's not a big deal." Your eyes were fixated on the ceiling. If you look into Jihyo's big doe eyes, you'd get lost in them.

"Remember what I said about your tells?" Jihyo raised a brow.

You sighed, now there's really no way to get out of this. You know Jihyo won't give this a rest until you tell her the truth.

"On the day you left for Europe, I was coming back from your dorm and on the way home this group of people cornered me. They showed me pictures of us going out on dates and sharing kisses. They also showed me pictures of me hanging out with you and the girls. When I tried to leave, they shoved me against the wall and gripped onto my arms causing these bruises. They're your Sasaeng fans, Jihyo. They threatened to reveal our relationship and destroy TWICE, and even threatened my family, if I don't make a clean break with you. I can't risk your careers and the safety of my family and I don't want you involved in this."

"Why didn't you tell me?! Baby... I could've handled this! Me and the girls won't let anything happen to you or your family."

"It's too big a risk... Those Sasaengs, they're capable of anything. I changed the locks because I know they'll find out where I live sooner or later."

"I'm going to go to the company and let PD-Nim know about this. I will make sure the legal team find this group of Sasaengs and sue them. You're the love of my life, and I'll protect you with my life if I have to. Even if I lose my career, nothing is more important than you."

"You're not thinking rationally! You trained for a decade and is leading a nation girl group, you don't just throw that away because of a girl!"

"You're not just a girl! You're my world, do you understand that?"

You realise there's no point arguing with Jihyo. What did you expect, anyway? For Jihyo to continue with her life like this is not a big deal? Of course Jihyo is going to make sure those people who hurt you get their punishment.

"I'm sorry, baby." You said, head hanging low.

"There's no reason for you to be sorry. I should be sorry for not realising what was going on with you earlier." Jihyo pulled you into her embrace gently, careful not to hurt your arms.

You hugged Jihyo back, burying your nose in the crook of her neck. You finally felt safe in Jihyo's arms.

A few moments later, Jihyo pulled away to look at you.

"You know what really hurts?"

You shook your head.

"You calling me by my name. We only go by babe or baby in this household, remember?!"

You laughed, always trust Jihyo to lighten the atmosphere and brighten up the room.

"I'm sorry, babe." You said, and she placed a kiss on your lips.

"Pack your things tomorrow, I'm bringing you to my dorm. I'm not leaving you here alone until the company find the Sasaengs."

"It's too risky," You argued.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. At least I know you'll be safe there."

You nodded, realising once again there's no point arguing with Jihyo. She had a point, though, that you'll be safer in her dorm than being in your apartment alone.

"Hey... I'm sorry for all the harsh words I said to you. I only did that because I thought you'd just leave. I don't mean any of it. I will always want you, and I love you."

"I know you don't mean it. I love you. And for now, I just want to kiss you senseless." Jihyo smiled, it's been rough for the past two days, and Jihyo is finally home.

"Go for it." You said dreamily, and Jihyo's lips was on yours right away.