butterflies

"You'll be in the audience?" Jihyo asked for the nth time while you were adjusting her in-ear monitor.

"I'll be in the audience." You placed firm hands on Jihyo's shoulders, trying to calm her nerves. "You know my exact seat and I'll be there the whole time. Don't neglect your fans, though."

The girls were running around the waiting room getting their hair and makeup fixed as ONCEs slowly stream into the hall.

Jihyo had gotten you a ticket to their anniversary fanmeet and while you wanted to watch them from the backstage like you always do, Jihyo wanted you to be in the audience this time and wanted to perform for you.

You thought it'd be risky if you were in the audience but Jihyo was adamant this time. She was ready to reveal your relationship to the public long ago, but you weren't.

The girls were called to the door that will lead them to the stage. You gave Jihyo a kiss on her cheek, careful not to mess up her makeup, and told her you'd be out there cheering her and the girls on.

You put on a cap and a mask while walking to your seat. The stage was decorated beautifully with bright lights, you couldn't help but take a few pictures.

The moment the girls hit the stage, your eyes were only on Jihyo. She found you in seconds and from that moment on, her eyes never left you. Whether she was dancing, singing or just standing there while the others talk to ONCEs.

You could only look away, hoping Jihyo would do the same, but when you look at her again, you realised Jihyo kept her eyes on you the whole time, even when you weren't looking at her.

You noticed a few fans, who must be Jihyo's fans, following her line of sight and ended up on you. They were whispering and you felt like you'd been exposed. Like you were caught stealing in a store.

While Jihyo faced away from the audience to take a sip of water, you quietly slipped away to the backstage and into the waiting room where the monitor was. You knew Jihyo would be upset at you leaving when the fanmeet was not even halfway through, but you felt more comfortable and at ease in the waiting room where only a few staff was around.

However, when Jihyo was done with a few more sips of water, she found that you weren't in the audience anymore and your seat was empty. Her face fell immediately but tried not to let it show.

The fanmeet went on and you noticed the moment Jihyo realised you left your seat that whenever she smiled, her smile never reached her eyes.

You wondered if you made a mistake.

When the girls had a short break, you took the chance to approach Jihyo.

Before you could get a word in, Jihyo stopped you, "whatever excuse you have, I don't want to hear it and I don't want to talk when I'm this upset."

You looked to Sana for help, "Sana, please talk to her?"

"Are you sure you don't want to go back in? We all know that you being in the audience is the only way to make her happy. Our ONCEs have eagle eyes, if Jihyo continues to perform like that, they'll know something is wrong."

You sighed, you hate seeing Jihyo upset, especially on important events like this. You nodded and approached Jihyo again.

"Baby, I'll go back in and enjoy the rest of the fanmeet, okay? I won't leave again, I promise. I want you to enjoy yourself and have happy moments with ONCEs."

Jihyo finally let out a smile and nodded. The girls once again rushed back on stage while you went back to your seat.

Once you took your seat, you realised more fans were looking at you, some were grinning and some were giving you weird stares. You weren't sure if some of them took pictures of you but you ignored them and only focused on Jihyo.