domestic

"Baby, do you happen to know where's the big spatula for rolling omelette?" You heard Jihyo asked from the kitchen.

You put down the game controller and walked towards your girlfriend who was looking high and low for the kitchen tool.

"Yeah, it's right here." You opened the drawer that Jihyo didn't think to look at before asking you.

"And why is it in this drawer?" Jihyo set the spatula on the frying pan and put both hands on her waist.

"I don't know? I just stick it in there last week after I used and washed it." You shrugged, "why is it such a big deal?"

"I just find it funny that you always put it back in the usual drawer and then last week decided to just put it in a random drawer."

"Why are you picking a fight with me?"

"I'm not picking a fight, I just want you to put things back in its place after using it!" Jihyo sighed.

"Seriously, all these just because I put the spatula in a different drawer?" You narrowed your eyes and can't help but feel this is much more than just a spatula and a drawer.

Jihyo ran a hand through her hair and licked her lips, "you always do this, taking things and then put them randomly or in whatever place you feel like it. Then, I can't find them when I want to use it. There's a reason why I put things in certain places! Like, why would you put the spatula in the drawer next to the sink instead of the one next to the stove?! It doesn't make sense!"

"In case you forget, I live here too."

"Oh my god, this is not about us sharing an apartment, this is about being organised and having a system!"

"So you think I'm unorganised and messy? What else did I do wrong then, Miss Ji-I'm the most organised person on this earth-Hyo?" You challenged.

"Fine," Jihyo faked a smile, "last week when I told you to grate the cheese, you grated the cheese onto the chopping board and then scrape them onto the plate. Why can't you grate the cheese onto the plate directly?!"

You were speechless then, you had no idea Jihyo was a control and neat freak until now. You also felt like a child who needs Jihyo to clean up after you, and you don't need that.

"Okay, then. How about when we cook together, you always go why are you cutting it like that?, maybe that's how mom taught me! Or—or, you kept asking how do you want the cucumbers cut?, I want them cut in uniform pieces, babe! Or maybe that was your plan all along, to annoy me and then I'd do everything wrong and then you banish me from the kitchen!"

Jihyo scoffed, "you are impossible."

"Whatever, I'm not stepping into the kitchen anymore, so don't you worry." You rolled your eyes and stepped out of the kitchen.

As you turned, you felt a pair of slim toned arms snaking around your waist, hugging you tight. Jihyo rested her chin on your shoulder and was laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" You slapped Jihyo on her arms.

"Because we're fighting over drawers and tools and organisation!"

You turned around in Jihyo's arms, hands around her neck. "So?"

"So we could be fighting over bigger things like politics or about our relationship but we're fighting over things like being organised."

"Oh." You let out a smile, "we're becoming domestic, huh?"

Jihyo smiled dreamily and gave you several kisses on the lips.

"I'm sorry if you feel I'm a control freak."

"You're not, I mean kinda." You teased Jihyo, "But I know I do things messily and am unorganised."

"How about we finish cooking lunch and then reorganize the kitchen together?"

"Sounds great."

Jihyo pulled away from you and started looking for a pot while you went to turn off the tv. When she opened the usual drawer that she put the pot in, the pot was not there. She laughed to herself.

"Baby, where's the pot that I usually use for stew?" Jihyo shouted across the kitchen.