birthday gifts

Jihyo woke up to the smell of food. A lot of food. Her eyes fluttered open, and you'd just brought in a tray of breads.

"Good morning, pretty lady." You set the tray on the bed and kissed Jihyo lovingly.

"Says the one who makes a flower look ugly. What's all these?" Jihyo looked around and she finally noticed that the room was filled with various kind of food. From English breakfast to dimsum, every kind of breakfast there is.

"You're gonna be working on your birthday, so I thought we could celebrate early."

"Oh, that's nice." Jihyo let out a smile. "It's... a lot." Jihyo looked around her room once again.

"It's too much, isn't it? I wanted to make sure you start the day right with the perfect breakfast, but I didn't know what to make so I made—"

"Baby, baby, baby. I love it. Who else would make me all kinds of breakfast? I'm gonna eat it all." Jihyo grabbed a bagel from the tray and stuffed her mouth with it.

"Don't be silly, you can't possibly finish everything. I'll bring some of it down to the other girls' apartment and share it with them." You kissed Jihyo on her temple and brought the food out tray by tray.

When you came back from giving some of the food to the girls, which they happily accepted, saying that it's been awhile since they've had home baked goods, Jihyo was already done with her morning routine. She made coffee and poured you a cup.

"You ready for your first gift?" You asked after coming out from her room.

"The breakfast wasn't counted as one? Aren't you spoiling me too much?" Jihyo winked, pulling you to sit on her laps.

"You deserve to be spoiled, so I got you this!" You handed Jihyo an envelope.

She opened to find two spa vouchers.

"V—Vouchers! Spa vouchers! I love it!" Jihyo flashed a business smile, which she didn't know why she did because you can always see right through her.

"Oh my god. You don't like it, do you?" You buried your face in her shoulder and refused to look at her.

"What?! Of course I like it!" She brushed your hair away from your face.

"Babe... I can always see through you. And I know you don't like it."

"Well, you're wrong this time. I love this gift and I'm going to a spa with you!"

"Baby, it's really okay. I can return these." You insisted.

Jihyo sighed, "I just... I don't like to stay still, I'd rather spend those time on something else. I don't like to relax and I don't like to be quiet. It's why I don't do yoga, because I don't want to be quiet, and it doesn't increase my Zen, whatever it is that they say." Jihyo placed a kiss on your lips, "but, if it's with you, I'll do it. I'll do anything with you."

"How about I return these vouchers and we do something that you want to do? Absolutely anything." You suggested and Jihyo's eyes lit up.

"Well, I've been wanting to go to the amusement park."

"Amusement park it is!" You kissed Jihyo, "but before we go, I have to go and cancel an appointment." You stood up from Jihyo's lap but she grabbed your arm.

"Was that supposed to be a birthday gift as well?

You nodded sheepishly.

"What is it?"

"A yoga session." You wanted the floor to open up and swallow you whole.

Jihyo didn't find that silly, but rather cute of you. She got up and pulled you closer by your waist. "You're so cute, you know that?"

"I'm not cute, baby! I'm so bad at getting gifts for people it's not even funny." You pouted.

"Aww, that's okay. I can be the one who's good at getting gifts. You just always be you and it will be the best gift for me."

You smiled and nodded, giving Jihyo a few pecks on the lips.

Before you get to calling the home yoga instructor, you turned around to look at your girlfriend, "you didn't like the breakfast either, did you?"

Jihyo pouted and showed a little bit of her cuteness that she knows will melt your heart right away, "it was a lot!"

You both burst into laughter. This is something to remember for sure.