Chapter 14

The next day, two SkyWings soldiers came to the pillars and picked up Umber. "Private audience with the queen," one of the SkyWings said before Umber asked. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Umber asked. "Shut up," the other SkyWing said. "Keep her still!" Yelled a SkyWing. Umber looked over, it was Anemone, she was terribly trying to fight back. Should I have fought them too? Umber thought, but our wings are still clamped. . . We can't fly away.. when they landed, it was one the edge of the entrance to the palace, then, Umber saw Kestrel! "Kestrel!" Umber yelled. "Another word and there's gonna be an unfortunate accident," one of the SkyWing guards grumbled. When they got to the throne room, they threw Umber to the floor. "Moon! Are you alright?" Umber asked. "Shh!" Moon shushed. "She's trying to tell you it's rude to talk before the queen in her own throne room, what do they teach dragonets these days? Bow," Scarlet said. "Sorry," Umber said, and bowed to the Queen of the SkyWings. "Let me go!" Yelled a voice. When Umber looked behind him, he saw it was a female SeaWing dragonet, she had pale blue and white-pink scales, like the inside of a shell, with hints of light pink along her wings, ears, and horns, resembling the dolphins that live within the Kingdom of the Sea, she had pearly, tiny, pale, pink-tinted wings with patterns of webbed talonprints patterning her underside, she wore a bracelet of pale pink pearls, she had a clear, high-pitched voice, and was small, from afar appearing a pale, odd, whitish-pinkish-blue-gray dragonet, she also had large, light blue eyes and tiny, light talonprints, she was about the same size as Kinkajou. "This is an outrage! Were the- "Dragonets of destiny, yes, very thrilling," Scarlet interrupted, "you know, not everyone wants this war to end, personally, I love it, I get lots of contenders for the arena from the battlefield, and it's a terrific distraction for dragons who might have challenged me for the throne, saves me a lot of trouble." "So it's alright with you that dragons have died all over the world?" Anemone snarled. "As if you know anything about that," Scarlet said. "Excuse me! I have a question, your majesty," Umber said, "where's Ostrich? Is she alright?" Umber asked. "Oh, the SandWing, she's fine, she's on the pillars just like everyone else," Scarlet said. "What's wrong with Kinkajou?" Umber asked. "Nothing, she's quite perfect, of you ask me," Scarlet said. "Why is she all. . . Sleepy?" Umber asked. "RainWings are naturally lazy, hadn't you noticed? But then, MudWings are naturally stupid." Scarlet said. "You have to let us go! The prophecy- "Oh shush your starting to bore me, my hatching day is tomorrow, and I want a thrilling arena," Scarlet said, "but I want to see atleast one of you fight today, so which of you is most likely to survive the arena?" Scarlet asked. "Me!" Umber said. "Prepare the MudWing for the arena," Scarlet said, "and take these two away. "