CHAPTER 6 ~ ONLY 24 HOURS

Caira was in special observation when she was taken to the hospital. After checking her up, the doctor called Caira's relatives, when Benzie appeared. Doctor asked, "What's your relation with Miss Caira?"

"....She is my friend," replied Benzie."
"Oh, but I need to talk to her family, call them."
"We both are orphans. Only we both relate to each other."
"Okay then. Come with me."

They went to doctor's cabin. They sat on their respective chairs. Doctor sighed in a serious tone. This sigh of him made Benzie tensed. He asked the doctor, "What's the matter, doctor? Tell me what is it? I am losing my patience. Is my Carrot okay?"

The doctor sighed again and said, "She is.....not fine."
Benzie's heart skipped a beat. He said impatiently, "W_what! Why? What happened to her? Tell me, fast....."

"She's been beaten brutally. She has broken her right arm too. She has about 56 bruises on her whole body. She was being tortured continuously. She was even tried to be raped, but the good news is that it hadn't happened."

After hearing all this, Benzie broke into tears and ran to Caira's room without saying anything. He went towards her. He cried his heart out and caressed her hair. He, then, said to her, "Why Carrot,. why? Why it had to happen with you? Why is it always you who suffer? Actually, you know what it's all my fault. I should have not left you alone. I should be with you. I won't do it again. Just_ just wake up now. I want to talk with you." He, then, paused for a while and then continued, "Okay..., I promise, I will never tease you. I will buy you everything you want. You will be allowed to go anywhere you want to. I will never scold you. Just wake up, please. See Carrot, your Bunny is crying. Please wake up. If you won't wake up now, I am not going to talk to you ever again."
He, then, waited for a reply but all this was senseless.

After that, he went out of her room and sat on the chair placed in corridor. Then, doctor approached him and said, "Mr. Benzie."
But Benzie was spaced out in the memories that he and his Carrot made together. Then, doctor shaked him out of his thoughts.
Benzie suddenly stood up and asked, "Yes, doctor."
"I have something more to tell you."
Benzie gulped and said, "y_yes, what is it?"
The doctor said,"Miss Caira has only 24 hours. If she doesn't become conscious in these 24 hours, then, I am sorry but there is no chance for her life."

Benzie felt his world fading out. He fell on his knees and starts to blame himself. " It's all my fault that I left you alone. I should be there with you every time. My Carrot, tell me how should I save you?"

He switched back to the reality then and asked the doctor, "Can't you do anything for her. Please, I beg you, save you. I will give you everything. Just save her. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             TO BE CONTINUED
  PLEASE IGNORE MY MISTAKES