CHAPTER 15~ A NEW FRIEND?

The night felt eternal when you weren't here.

The hale and hearty morning went up. Caira deep slumber was disturbed by a slight shake and morning sunrays on her face.

"Have you planned to sleep till next morning?"asked Benzie.

Caira smiled and rubbed her glossy eyes. "Good morning Bunny."

"Morning Carrot."

"What time is it?"

"10 o'clock "

"It's already 10 o'clock", said Caira with a shock. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I did. But you were in your deep dreams. So tell me how could I disturb you any further?"

"Yes, but I am late."

"Just chill, you kiddo. You are on vacation."

Suddenly reality hit Caira and she felt relaxed.

"Oh yeah, you are right. I am on vacation. So..... Let me sleep again." She said this and covered herself with the blanket.

"Hey! Carrot wake up. It's already 10. Wake up. You can't sleep now. "

"Let me sleep, Bunny."

Benzie was struggling to wake her up. Suddenly, Caira phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and jumped out off bed.

On the phone~
Hey Kevin, how are you? I am fine too. You know I am already missing you. No,no I just woke up. Don't worry about me. Okay, I'll hang up now.
#############################

When Caira mentioned that he missed that Kevin or whatever, Benzie felt kind of weird. He was glaring at Caira.

"What?" said Caira.

"Nothing. Just come downstairs for breakfast." Benzie said in an annoyed voice.

(Something's fishy) 😏😏

Benzie went downstairs and Caira did her morning routine. They both then had breakfast.They both were talking about their selves when Caira mentioned Kevin. Benzie wanted to know that who is this person.

" Who's this Kevin?"

"My friend. We both are in same University and even the same class . He is very nice. We both always hang out together........."

Caira kept on blabbering about Kevin whereas Benzie was controlling his unconditional anger. But then Caira said that Kevin is like her best friend.

"What? How can he be your best friend? Ain't I your best friend?"

"Of course you are Bunny. But he is different."

Benzie went silent.

After having breakfast they both got ready to go out. They were in park when Caira saw an ice cream truck. "Bunny, let's eat ice cream."

Both of them were eating ice cream when Caira phone rang up again. It was none other than Kevin.

"Hey Kevi! What are you doing? Are you at University?"

*Kevi!!! How can she call him that*  Benzie thought.

After the call, Benzie asked Caira.

" You are too close to Kevin? Is he that good?"

"Yes, Bunny. He is too good."

Benzie's heart sank but he managed to keep a smile on his face.

For the whole day, they hung out together. At night, Caira was so tired that she slept in the car. Benzie lifted her up and put her in her bed. After that Benzie dialled to someone.

"Robert. I want every information about a guy named Kevin who studies with Caira."

The whole week went on. They both had a great time together. But something was off with Benzie because of that Kevin. His people weren't able to get much information about Kevin, since he wasn't on any social media platform. Now, only a few days were left for Caira to back. In this past week, Caira told Benzie much about Kevin but not the thing that Benzie really wanted to know.

One day, they both were sitting in their living room while giggling and chatting around. It was when Benzie suddenly asked her about Kevin.

He said, " So, tell me how did you and Kevin get introduced to each other?"

"Umm.... I was playing basketball in the court. It was when he came there. He tried to dominate me and bully me like he did to everyone but you know what....."

"What? He tryna bully you? What did he do?"

"Calm down. You know me, I can easily surpass those types of things. And then he was the one who got bullied by me. Since then we are friends and he doesn't bully anyone anymore."

"You say, he was a bully. And back then you said that he is a good person?" I mean, how??"

"Bunny, I also thought the same that he can't be a good person. But he is one. You know why he did all that? Because he thought that it is the only thing that can satisfy him. You know what, he was depressed. He didn't isolate himself like other depressed people but he thought that he can get peace by bullying others."

"And why was he depressed?"

"He got separated from his elder brother when he was young. He got all alone after that. His parents used to love him very much but they couldn't understand his mental state. And back then, he got used to with getting low grades and became more depressed. As he wasn't able to get great grades, his parents started beating him and abuse him. He was very close to his brother but his parents abandoned his brother with an excuse that he (Kevin) is better  than him. So, he used to bully others as a revenge. And that's how it happened. Don't you think Benzie that he is also like us very much? We were also like that back then."

"Yes,.you are right. So why don't he leave his parents?"

"He also wants to do that. But first he wants to find his brother."

"What's his brother's name?"

"I don't know. He never shared that with me."

"I think we should help him."

"You'll help him? Are you sure?"

"Of course. I mean, why not?"

"You are the best, Bunny."

And with that they both embraced  each other.

Don't you think it's beautiful when you can embrace the universe, YOUR UNIVERSE ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TO BE CONTINUED
THANKS FOR READING
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND FOLLOW MY PAGE🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻