Ona

Ona's POV

"Aitana!" I smiled wide as my bestfriend jumped into my arms. I was home. I was back with her. I was happy.

Aitana held me tight and pulled back kissing my cheek. Her cheeks blushed a bit and she placed her chin back on my shoulder and smiled against my cheek.

"I'm so glad to have you home."

"Not as glad as me Bonmati." She squeezed my hand leading me over to her couch.

"You're playing for Barca's senior level now. It's amazing Ona."

"I know. I feel so achieved."

"Because you are. You're a World Cup champion don't forget."

"Yeah I am. And now I'm your teammate in both club and national team. I want to talk to you about something."

"What's up?" She asked me with a smile the two of us sitting comfortably on the couch but uncomfortably close for the news I was about to share with her.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm dating Lucy." Aitana's face dropped. Her lip quivered as she looked away from me not able to reconnect her eyes with mine.

I had hoped that I was wrong about Aitana. I had hoped we were just best friends, but the more attention I gave to it the more I realized Aitana Bonmati had fallen in love with me, but I had fallen for Lucy.

Lucy Bronze, the best right back in the world.

"Aitana?"

"What?" Her head hung low refusing to raise up and look at me.

"Aitana, I didn't know."

"How? How did you not realize that I was in love with you?" Aitana's adorable puppy dog eyes finally raising up to look into mine. Water pooling up in them.

"I'm so sorry."

"I know. I love you Ona. If even if you're aren't in love with me." I wrapped her in my arms and pulled her to sit in my lap.

The poor Barcelona midfielder. I was so glad to be back here to play with Aitana but I had never imagined that me being here would lead to this situation. I never realized when I signed the contract to play with Lucy that Aitana would have to stand back in pain and watch the two of us be happy.

It wasn't until I saw her reaction to the news that the small voice in the back of my head telling me she was in love with me was correct. Aitana Bonmati had falled for me.

"You really didn't know?"

"Tana...we've known each other for how long? I knew we were close and we were comfortable so this whole time I guess I never read anything into it." I frowned give her a squeeze my arms wrapped around her whole body.

"Fuck I should have told you sooner."

"I like Lucy, Aitana."

"Why not me-?"

"Don't ask that." I shook my head trying to soothe the situation.

"Sorry." She mumbled back.

Aitana's big hazel eyes just stared into mine. Her heartbroken in my arms waiting to be fixed. I knew I couldn't do that. I needed to find someone to love Aitana Bonmati Conca.

~~~~~~~~

"So the World Cup?"

"Yeah we started dating." Lucy confirmed looking at my bestfriend questioning every aspect of our relationship.

"I'm glad the two of you are happy but Lucy why didn't you tell me?"

"Aitana, you and I both know that was not my place it's Ona's. Ona needed to be the one who told you. I didn't want to be the one who told you because I didn't...I couldn't do it myself." Lucy admitted with her head hanging low.

I had already fallen in love with Lucy. Things were moving fast but I was happy. I was in love with Lucy Bronze. I couldn't help but wonder. If I had gotten here before dating Lucy and Aitana admitted her feelings who would I choose. What if being here I fall in love with Aitana?

"It's okay you guys. I'm happy for you truly." Aitana lied straight through her teeth to us. It pained me to see her have to lie to me.

"I appreciate it Aitana. You know you should open up more to people so things like this don't happen as much...I know you. You don't talk about certain things because you can't stand to break away from being 'the perfectionist'. You are perfect even when you aren't trying okay?" I gave her a faint smile.

We talked a little bit longer before she left my place leaving Lucy and I alone. Lucy and I alone...I was so ready to get used to saying that. I was so ready to be around her all the time. I was so ready to be playing for Barca.

First I need to get ready to mend my friendship with Aitana. I can't lose her. I love Aitana and she's always been my bestfriend and she's home now. She can't be distant now. I have to figure out how to make things okay. Or atleast make sure they stay that way.

I didn't want to watch her hurt.

I need to set Aitana Bonmati Conca up with someone. She deserves the best. I want my best friend to experience being in love.

"We need to set Aitana up with somebody."

"That absolutely never ends well." Lucy laughed as I laid in her arms.

"Why not?"

"Ona...you and I aren't exactly Cupid. We got shot by him. We're barely starting our own relationship shouldn't we be focusing on ourselves?" Lucy laughed lightly.

"Lucy, she's my bestfriend and I feel so bad about being obviously to her feelings for me. I should atleast try to help her be happy with someone else!"

"Okay like who?" She asked curiously.

"I don't know. She doesn't like anyone on the team except me apparently." I shrugged.

"She hasn't met Mick."

"Who McKinley Martin, that American girl?" I asked her skeptically.

"Doubt it."

"Well then I'm out of candidates." She laughed strengthening the hold of her arms around me.

Operation cupid is a go.