Sorry

A\N: HER MUSCLES DEAR LORD ALMIGHTY...like y'all look at this!!! The shoulder, the tricep, her calves😩

McKinley's POV

"Dude how could I forget about that game."

"You like deadass don't remember anything for that day? I wanna get that drunk."

"Yeah well that had to be a hush hush situation! I mean they couldn't let people know that their nineteen year old player got absolutely wasted after winning a knockout stage game." I groaned as I realized.

No wonder Aitana hated my guts. The only interaction she's had with me was absolutely horrible. I feel so bad.

I was so excited that game. We were moving onto the quarterfinals. I was on my way to win my first World Cup. I wasn't processing anything in those end moments.

I also truthfully couldn't understand her that well. A few years ago Aitana had such a strong accent. I guess she was still learning English.

Maybe I could do something to make amends. I actually kind of look up to her. I mean look at how amazing she was just this past World Cup. She won it and got the Golden ball award. I got the young player award but the Golden ball is best of everyone and not limited.

"I might have that jersey!"

"What are you talking about?" Alexia laughed as we sat in her living room. Her dog jumped up into my lap. Her dog loved me.

"I have that jersey! I can still give it to her and make things right." I thought relieved.

"Yeah I'm not sure that'll work..."

"I can still try. I want Aitana to like me." I sighed relaxing back into the seat.

"Aitana's just threatened."

"How?! She's literally the best. How would I be a threat to Aitana Bonmati? It makes no sense. Like I understand that she is mad about the thing four years ago but if she still hates me then there has to be something else."

Alexia studied my face for a second. She sat there silently watching me for a moment until her lips gapped apart.

"Oh my god."

"What?" I looked at her confused.

"Why do you care if Aitana hates you?" She had a small smile on her face.

"I want everyone to like me."

"Mick..." Alexia said my name in a way that made me slightly uncomfortable. She was trying to force an answer out of me.

"Oh my god. You actually like Aitana!" Alexia burst out laughing and my face turned red.

"No! I just want to be friends with everyone on the team. I can't if Aitana hates me!" I tried to argue but there was no use. Alexia knows all. I was dumb to think people wouldn't figure it out. I mean look at Aitana. She's cute. She's so talented. I was so attracted to her.

"Hmm...is that why you talk to Ona so much?"

"Yes Ona knows that I like her..." I mumbled out not wanting to admit to it. Ona caught me pretty quick. I guess I asked too many questions too fast.

I was just so intrigued about everything I could discover about the girl.

"You two would be cute together." I shrugged too bad she hates me.

"Can I be honest with you?" I looked at Alexia curiously with some hope in my eyes that she would tell me I had a chance.

"I think Aitana might be rejecting some feelings she's going through. Maybe part of the reason she's so against you being here is some possible feelings she's experiencing." My eyes lit up and a smile took over my face.

"Don't get too excited there." Alexia warned me but smiled at my reaction.

"I'll just be happy with the news that I may have a chance. I know Ona just rejected her so I'll give her time." I smiled and played with my phone case thinking about the possibilities.

"Give me her address." I looked up at Alexia and she quirked an eyebrow.

"To drop off the jersey duh." 

"Alright fine. I'll let you desperately try to amend that relationship." Alexia text me the address and I quickly hugged her goodbye.

I zoomed home on my bike and sprinted upstair in my apartment to find the jersey. If this is what started the issue back then why wouldn't it be the solution to fix it as well. I finally found the jersey with the spain vs usa name and date on it and their it into my backpack so I could give it to her.

I rode to her place much slower. I was nervous to see her reaction. I just wanted to work through things. She could choose to forgive me or not but I had to atleast try.

I pulled up to the house and parked as quietly as I could in her driveway. I can't believe I'm just showing up here. I pulled off most my riding gear and walked over to gently knock on the door.

"What-what are you doing here?" Aitana opened the door confused.

"I umm I brought you something. I'm not sure if it means anything now but I want to give it to you still." I opened my bag and pulled out the white jersey with three stars still.

"Is this?" Aitana looked up at me then glanced back down at the jersey in her hands.

"The jersey from the 2019 World Cup. The jersey I should have given you then. Look Aitana, I was an immature, stupid nineteen year old with a million thoughts running through my head and truthfully I couldn't understand half the words you said." I cracked a smile and she let one slip through as well. I knew the last part made her laugh. Maybe this was a good sign.

"Would you like to come in?" She opened the door wider and I nodded eagerly. Yes! Please yes. It worked!

"I would love to." I smiled wide and took a step into her home. The home of Aitana Bonmati.