No First

Aitana's POV

"That sounds so cute. I'm so happy for you." Ona awed over how McKinley and my first date went. I just had one major detail to release.

"Yeah so we're dating now. Its just I umm...we didn't like kiss or anything. That's okay though right? Because maybe she just takes her time? Am I crazy for asking her to be my girlfriend on the first date?! Wait what if she said yes because she was scared to answer?!" I began freaking out.

"Breathe."

"I can't!"

"Okay yeah I can tell."

"Ona I'm so dumb! Why did I jump the gun?!"

"Why did she say yes? Oh because she likes you. Because you're so pretty and sweet and you deserve to be happy."

"You really think?"

"I can see the two of you having a future." I nodded as I felt a smile crawl onto my face.

I just need to step back and breathe. McKinley Martin is confident and smart. She wouldn't have said yes to me if she didn't feel the same. She likes me as much as I do.

The first date was so amazing but usually you don't ask someone to be your girlfriend without kissing them first or atleast more than a first date.

I mean a kiss on the forehead?! It was so wholesome and sweet, but the romantic effect after a first date? It just didn't feel right.

"So what do I say to her about it?"

"Nothing. Maybe she was just nervous. If you call her out for it things could go bad."

"I really like her." I groaned as I was unable to keep my mind off of the American midfielder.

"Aitana! Everything is going to be fine!" Ona threw her arms around to hug me.

"You're right. Its so premature I should just go with the flow. If only everything was as simple as football." I sighed shaking my head. I just need to calm down. I don't want to blow my chances with McKinley.

"Let it be."

"And how would I do that?" I looked over at the defender curiously.

"When you're on the field you always have a decision to make and if you make the wrong decision you always have ways to recover the ball or you have your best friend who's a defender right behind you."

Is Ona saying she'll help save my relationship? I mean it does make sense since Ona and McKinley are best friends. I'm not sure how those two connected so quickly.

"Yeah I mean you two are close of whatever."

"Are you blind?" Ona abruptly asked me and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"McKinley and I became so close because of you dummy. Originally sure I was being nice because she was the new player but then she kept asking me questions about you. So then I was helping her figure out away to ask you out and we just became close." Ona shrugged as I gushed over the fact that McKinley put so much effort into recovering our relationship.

"So how long until I ask her to go out again or like hangout? Should I talk to her today?"

"Tell her you had fun last night and if she wants to hangout today you're free. Then let her make the decisions." I nodded. Ona was so good at this!

"Did you ask Lucy out?"

"Haha no I did not. I was pretty ecstatic when she asked me out. So it doesn't always matter who makes the first move. It just works out eventually if its meant to be."